It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2011, 07:24 AM   #1
(female)

scarlett1971 HB User
Day 9 of opiate (oxy/methadone/hydro) withdrawl

Okay heres my question/story...i am new here this is my first post and im doing on my phone cuz its the only internet I have so hope it works. Reading this board has helped me so much...i had a surgury a little over a year ago and started taking percocets for pain (10mg/act) probably 4 a day then I went to physical therapy and it hurt so took more, then tolerance built up so more..more...and more...so earlier this year I was taking 5 oxy 30mgs a day and new full well that I was abusing them at this point...so I turned to the methadone clinic for help (boy was that a mistake...i feel it was anyway) they started me at 25mgs a day and I stayed at that for 2 weeks then started to go down...i didnt like having to drive 35 minutes every day to go there...i felt tied to the place..i got down to 10mgs a day then I stayed there afraid to go down...then my hubby got a job that we needed to move to mississippi in this little town nowhere near a methadone clinic....uh-oh....well I managed to get approx 45 10mg methadone pills to bring with me then when they ran out I got some hydros here locallly for 3 weeks and tapered down to 4 10mgs a day and just quit last saturday ...so the first 4 days were HELL on earth....then I felt really fatigued for the next 3 (i actually thought id be better off dead than feel that tired all the time) and I couldnt sleep..well on day 7 I was rumageing through my medicine drawer looking for something to help my pain and I found a bottle of tramadol, which mind u my doctor told me this stuff is NON-NARCOTIC....and I took two of them and slept really well which I thought was wierd...so let .come just check into this tramadol....turns out is non narcotic but is a synthetic opiod ...OMG I fteaked out...i called the pharm and he said I should be ok but not to take any more because they cause addiction as well...so today its day 9 and my appetite is back and I feel better, still a little tired but not much....quedtion is...do u all think this is over for me or do u think there will be more?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
(female)

Lotty667 HB UserLotty667 HB UserLotty667 HB User
Re: Day 9 of opiate (oxy/methadone/hydro) withdrawl

You are pretty much over the worst of it. Congrats!! You may have some residual symptoms; crankiness, aches and pains and the like. Now that you are sleeping again and hopefully not so tired, may I suggest some lite exercise. That will help. I would also suggest some 12 step meetings. Not only will you make some new friends in your new home, but it really helps not to feel so alone. I commend you for you honestly with yourself in such a relatively short amount of time. It took me much, much longer to get honest and see where I was heading and where I had already been. Good luck to you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lotty667 For This Useful Post:
scarlett1971 (12-20-2011)
Closed Thread

Tags
opiate withdrawl