It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
(male)

Duby1011 HB User
Must read!! Amazing how this helps with withdraws.

I posted earlier about this being first full withdraw but I have to tell everyone that is going through WDs are gonna be soon, get on clonopine, it helps tremendously with all of the effects and symptoms that make withdraws the worst thing to go through easy to deal with. Go to er and tell them you are an addict and want to stop now because you are depressed and don't know what to do and he will give you nausea meds and clonopine. I'm so happy right now that I'm not laying here tossing and turning feeling like crap. I'll keep y'all posted over the next couple of days and if you try this, let me know how it works. Good luck everyone and God Bless.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
(female)

ladedee HB User
Re: Must read!! Amazing how this helps with withdraws.

Just be careful because the withdrawal's of benzodiazepine are much worst than anything else in the world - or so I have been told. I personally took ativan for 3-4 mights (1mg) to sleep. To me, the worst part of detoxing was my inability to sleep. And then to have to work or parent the next day just made me want to pop a pill. I had no idea my dr. had prescribed what she did when I went to her office for my inability to sleep following my father's passing. I never took them, but then when I was detoxing I did - and I slept - and was still crappy all day, but at least I slept - well then I googled it and everyone has since warned me. Now I am taking melatonin. and I am sleeping well. So anyway, I would take what you are taking for a few nights, but just be careful - Good Luck - I was so nasty-hooked on vic's. And now I am pill free. I pray I can make this last. Good Luck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duby1011 View Post
I posted earlier about this being first full withdraw but I have to tell everyone that is going through WDs are gonna be soon, get on clonopine, it helps tremendously with all of the effects and symptoms that make withdraws the worst thing to go through easy to deal with. Go to er and tell them you are an addict and want to stop now because you are depressed and don't know what to do and he will give you nausea meds and clonopine. I'm so happy right now that I'm not laying here tossing and turning feeling like crap. I'll keep y'all posted over the next couple of days and if you try this, let me know how it works. Good luck everyone and God Bless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2012, 06:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi

Clonidine is merely an blood pressure med and is often used in withdrawal. It has helped many.

Klonopin is a benzo, used for anxiety.

They sure sound alike, but are very different meds.

reach

Old 01-31-2012, 04:20 AM   #4
(male)

jack36 HB User

I've used the clonidine while inpatient at some point in my life, lol..It helped me "sleep" through some of the symptoms, and kept the anxiety levels down to bearable. As reach stated, it's a blood pressure med, so no addiction potential.

Best wishes,

Jack

Old 05-29-2012, 12:36 AM   #5
(male)

GaNeal HB UserGaNeal HB User

I am glad you have found relief from your local ER...My expierance was somewhat different unfortunatly..I went to ER once because I ran out of my Rx too early..(did not keep it locked up and it went "missing")at any rate they put me in the hallway and I sat for 5 hours then was denied a spot in the detox unit although they did Charge me 4000 bucks for those 4 hours and they did give me a Rx for phenrgan.but this was 2am and I could not get into a pharmacy until 9am...anyone in acute withdrawel knows thatmay as well be 2 years time...I know every ER is not the same and perhaps I did not say the right thing or I was just unlucky that I had a bad Dr that night. but I ended up leaving crying and hating our healthcare system more than ever...I am sure If I had Insurance they would have accepted me but that is not here nor there.

Last edited by GaNeal; 05-29-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Closed Thread