It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #1
(male)

anonymous1015 HB User
Trying To Improve My Life

Hello everyone, I am new to this group. I have had a recent action in my life that has brought me to the scariest thing I have ever dealt with. I have struggled with alcohol abuse since I was a teenager and usually can not go one day without a drink at some point. It has caused many issues in my life. I have also made many decisions that I would not have made had I been sober. 4 days ago I cheated on my wife while drinking and had unprotected sex with another woman. I am now terrified that I may have an std or even HIV.. It has also been 3 days since my last drink. Alcohol is no joke and the impact it can have on your life is very serious. I am now facing the hardest thing in my life due to my drinking. Not only could I have an std now, I could also lose my wife. I honestly do not know what scares me more. The decisions you make while under the influence can and will affect you for the rest of your life. I am ashamed that it took something so serious for me to realize that I had a problem. I am trying my hardest to keep the bottle down and hope that I will never pick it back up. I know many who struggle with alcohol abuse think that one day we can control it. That isn't the case. I hope that if anyone who is having a similar struggle will maybe read this and see what effects it can have on you and your relationship with loved ones. I have been praying alot lately and rediscovered God. I know I can do anything through God and will do my best to make this a life long change. It isn't going to be easy, but I do hope I will succeed. I am going to try my hardest and continue praying for the courage to move on sober.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Trying To Improve My Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous1015 View Post
It has also been 3 days since my last drink. Alcohol is no joke and the impact it can have on your life is very serious. I am trying my hardest to keep the bottle down and hope that I will never pick it back up. .
Hello anonymous1015,

You have borne witness to the ill effects of alcohol and were still alive to talk about it;be thankful.

Too many negative scenarios could've been introduced.

It's now time for damage control and to man up.

I pray that lessons were learned and you will be firm in your decisions going forward.

Have you ever been to Alcoholics Anonymous? Know that they even have online groups.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 02-21-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
(male)

anonymous1015 HB User

I had my first online meeting today and I must say it did help some. I hope that everything works out and I am goon to continue to move forward one day at a time. I just hope that my drunken mistake doesn't stick with me for the rest of my life..

Old 02-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
(female)

succotash HB User

Did you say that you've not taken a drink in three days after usually taking one EVERY day? Be very careful if that is the case. I know of one functional alchoholic who stopped suddently and subseqently had a seizure that led to MS. You should detox from these things, I think. Seizures are a very real possibility.

Last edited by succotash; 02-25-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Closed Thread