It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
(female)

w8andhewill HB User
Question Butrans for withdrawal?

Want to stop Vicodin. Can't do this anymore. I'm up to 80mg of Norco per day. I have a prescription for Butrans patches (10 mcg). Will this help with withdrawals? I know it seems like I am trading one addiction for another, but I want to try and step down this way. My doc won't help me taper with Vicodin. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated !!!!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: w8andhewill
Arianna2 (02-28-2012), Nanacan (03-02-2012)
Old 02-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
(female)

Arianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB User
Re: Butrans for withdrawal?

Maybe it is time for a new doctor? I am sure there has to be a dr in your area that would help you with a taper. I am assuming you got the RX from a dr. so it seems that dr. would help you wean. Funny how some doctors are. I questioned addiction when I got my first script of Vicoden then Norco, then Oxy. and his words to me were..Dont worry, if you are taking them for pain, you wont get addicted. hahahah.. well I only take them for pain and am very addicted. I actually started my detox today. I wish you well.
As for the Butran, to me you are just trading tit for tat in some way. Why not just try a slow taper? Listen to me.. cowards of all cowards giving you advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
(male)

kendub HB User

Yes to Butrans. You need someting to stop the cravings, Butrans worked great for me in a dexox setting and after I left. I started at 10mcg and eventally tapered to 5mcg. I left the detox program with the 5mcg patch and the plan was to stay with it for at least a year, however the detox program went bad and I had to leave before the year was up. I ended up with a good shrink that works with ex-addicts and he has me doing well, however I do take Subutex 2mg twice a day along with anti-depressants and I am fine. My doctor believes that some prople with long term depression and addiction issues can use a small dose of opiates along with anti-depressants to help them with depression, it works for me. I do not get high from Subutex, somtimes I forget to take it and I have no idea that I forgot to take it untill the next dose. I have no desire or craving for opiates and my depression is very miminal.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
(female)

Nanacan HB UserNanacan HB UserNanacan HB User
Thumbs up Re: Butrans for withdrawal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendub View Post
Yes to Butrans. You need someting to stop the cravings, Butrans worked great for me in a dexox setting and after I left. I started at 10mcg and eventally tapered to 5mcg. I left the detox program with the 5mcg patch and the plan was to stay with it for at least a year, however the detox program went bad and I had to leave before the year was up. I ended up with a good shrink that works with ex-addicts and he has me doing well, however I do take Subutex 2mg twice a day along with anti-depressants and I am fine. My doctor believes that some prople with long term depression and addiction issues can use a small dose of opiates along with anti-depressants to help them with depression, it works for me. I do not get high from Subutex, somtimes I forget to take it and I have no idea that I forgot to take it untill the next dose. I have no desire or craving for opiates and my depression is very miminal.
A very close relative of mine was addicted to pain pills, Xanax , this went on for years until finally he called me one day & said I can't do this anymore.There was a doctor close to us that said they help in detox, he went that day & they put him on suboxone. & clonodine for 5-6 days. It definitely helped him with the withdrawals , but as you know the rest is pretty much up to the individual. I know some people say its trading one drug for another. But he now takes a lit lower dose of suboxone & nothing else! He does not get " high" from it , he's been working at the same job for 2 1/2 jobs & is just like a different person!! When he first started it after about 2 months he thought he would just quit it- boy he had some bad withdrawals, the doctor told him nit to ever just stop cold turkey! He has slowly been tapering him way down, in fact his dr. told him now it's mainly psychological now. Good luck & don't give up- find you a good doctor that understands addiction.
Acdf- 1/10/12
Chairi malformation

Old 03-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

zoiegrace HB Userzoiegrace HB Userzoiegrace HB Userzoiegrace HB User

Hi everyone, Butrans, subutex, suboxone, are all the same, buprenorphine.
It is also a very addicting drug, and you must taper off or you will go into full blown withdrawals. The person who is taking, please taper off the vics, and don't start the subs. It is very difficult to get off of. But if you still want to get high, then taking the subs will work, just know the kick from subs, is alot worse than decreasing your dose of vics. You need to be WD if you go from vics to subs.
This is IMO only, and thu my experience, as I was started out at 32mg of suboxone, insane high dose, and I am paying the price and trying to get off.
Been tapering for 6 months.
Suboxone has worked for many people and kept them from doing drugs, everyone is different, so you will read many experiences.
Wishing you the best of luck in whatever you decide to do for YOU.
Peace
Gracie

Old 03-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #6
(female)

Nanacan HB UserNanacan HB UserNanacan HB User

I think it is just according to what your really wanting to do. If your wanting to get " high" but just nit have the withdrawals then none of its probably gonna work. If your wanting to get clean & stay clean, you can get on suboxone from a doctor & he will give you time to get a lot of the other stuff out of your system & then slowly taper you down on the suboxone. Who cares how long you stay on the suboxone if it doesnt make you high, keeps your body from craving other drugs & you can function & live a happy life! There is a way if someone makes up their mind because sooner or later you will get tired of the merry go round of drugs, lies & having to sneak around! Best of luck. & god bless
Acdf- 1/10/12
Chairi malformation

Closed Thread