It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User
Life In the Fast Lane

[
B][/B]

Last March I overdosed on methamphetamine. I was taken to the hospital by helicopter and put on life support. My family was told to come in and start saying their goodbye's because everything was shutting down. I had less than fifty percent chance of making it through the night. I was put on dialysis because my kidney's completely quit working. Although I was out of it I did my detox cold turkey. After a couple of weeks on the vent I began to come back and was taken off of the vent. When I woke up my family was there. Can't tell you how much that meant.

I was numb from the waist down and had to learn how to walk and talk again. There is so much more but I just want to hit the highlights of it all.

The point is I made it and am here today. It has not been easy and there were days that I didn't want to live or stay clean. But I did stay clean and I am here today and now I have almost a year of clean time. If I can do it so can you. No if and or butts.

Sincerely, searchin

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Searchin
Arianna2 (03-18-2012), Phoenix (03-18-2012)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Searchin For This Useful Post:
Arianna2 (03-18-2012), Phoenix (03-18-2012)
Old 03-18-2012, 03:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB User
Re: Life In the Fast Lane

Hi searchin!
Thank you for your post. Wow , you've been through so much and made it to the other side. Amazing. You are so lucky. I can't even imagine all the hard work, both physically and mentally, it took to get to where you are today, but you should feel so proud! Keep on fighting the fight cause you didn't go through all that for nothin!
Thank you for sharing your story of strength!
W

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2012, 06:25 AM   #3
(male)

reallydone HB User

Hi Searchin.....Perhaps you were spared tp help others like with this post. Glad you made it. This whole drug addcition is very tricky business and unless you have been there yourself, one can't possible understand. There's a great life out there waiting for you...enjoy it....Reallydone

Last edited by reallydone; 03-18-2012 at 06:28 AM.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #4
(female)

Arianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searchin View Post
[
B][/B]

The point is I made it and am here today. It has not been easy and there were days that I didn't want to live or stay clean. But I did stay clean and I am here today and now I have almost a year of clean time. If I can do it so can you. No if and or butts.

Sincerely, searchin
What a wonderful ending to your post. Your strength is amazing. It must have been a hard and scary road you travelled. But as it says in the ending sentence.... "If I can do it so can you. No if and or buts."

Thanks so much for posting about your past.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Hello Searchin,

Thank you for sharing your personal journey;it's inspirational,to say the least.

May you continue to progress and remain optimistic,as I know there are times where it can be rather difficult to do.
Putting things in the proper perspective can work wonders for the psyche.

Wishing you many anniversery's worth of clean time;one day at a time.

Respectfully stated,
Phoenix

Closed Thread

Tags
addict, bpd, ptsd< bipolar