It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
(female)

Arianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB User
more of my detox

Hello All,

This is Wednesday and this coming Monday is the next drop in my Oxy detox plan.

Already I am feeling anxious, having scary thoughts, bringing up issues that shouldnt be issues. I made it through the first drop, and with the help of this forum, can say *now* that it wasnt the worst thing I've had to do.

Why am I doing this to myself?

Old 03-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
re: more of my detox

PTSD sufferers and generally people with mental issues in general tend to overthink things and psych themselves out. Try to stop! When those feelings crop into your head, start thinking of something positive, a good memory from the past, a good experience you've had recently, etc. You can psych yourself "in" to a good place just as easily as you can psych yourself "out" into a bad place.

As for the restless legs, very, very hot baths work well, also creams like vicks vapor rub, icy hot or ben gay can offer some relief. also iron, magnesium and the Neurontin that you were taking can help with the RLS.

Hope your doing well and keep those spirits going up in the right direction.

Kat

The Following User Says Thank You to katlin09 For This Useful Post:
Arianna2 (03-22-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
(female)

Arianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB User

Kat, you are so right about choosing to have postive thoughts vs negative ones. I wonder why it is so easy to choose the negative side? I had a super negative stresser yesterday, and when all was said and done, it wasn't as bad as I had built it up to be. I seem to be one of those people who carry a sack around with them, and at the slightest unsettling feeling I look in that sack and pick out something to stress about. UGH.

As for my legs, it is ironic how things happen. My mom who turned 92 last week, moved in with me 2 yrs ago or so. She has a broken back, both hips replaced, a pacemaker and I am her caregiver now. We had a chair installed so she could get upstairs, bars all over the place etc. One thing that was the most difficult was the bathtub. She cant lift her legs because of a poor hip replacement, so it was very hard for her. We discussed the fact that we only took showers, so why dont we have the tub fixed for a walk in tub. We had a cut out done because we couldnt afford a new tub that would allow shower and tub options, and now all she does in walk in. BUT!!! Now there isnt the possibility of those hot baths I have longed to have. Who would have thought.

I didnt do well with the neurontin, but I have added magnesium to my vitamin regimine. I will try the vicks or bengay.

Thanks Kat for responding Hope you have a great day..

Old 03-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianna2 View Post
Hello All,

This is Wednesday and this coming Monday is the next drop in my Oxy detox plan.

Already I am feeling anxious, having scary thoughts, bringing up issues that shouldnt be issues. I made it through the first drop, and with the help of this forum, can say *now* that it wasnt the worst thing I've had to do.

Why am I doing this to myself?
Hello Arianna2,

Take a deep breath.................then exhale.

You will get through this, due in part to your fighting spirit.That healthy part that knows the benefits are well worth making the effort to attain.

Take time out this weekend to reflect on the progress you've made and don't look back(unless you are doing so to place things in the proper perspective).

Remember we're here for you.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-30-2012 at 05:36 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Phoenix:
Arianna2 (03-23-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
Arianna2 (03-23-2012)
Old 03-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
(female)

That seems so odd to read, because I feel like a weenie. I know it is best I get off the pain pills. They weren't working very well at that dosage anyway, so my only recourse would have been to increase my dose. But! I am in pain, so I wonder after all is said and done, what will I do? The Cymbalta works quite well on the body pain, which is an all over deep ache and burning feeling. But it doesn't help at all for the injury pain, which is why I was prescribed the Oxy in the first place. I have noticed that now that I am used to the 7.5/375 Oxys, that I at least get a bit of relief for about an hour after taking it. And I sure know when that time comes, I am watching and waiting. It makes me anxious to know that at some point, I wont have that crutch. Arianna2

Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-30-2012 at 05:37 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Arianna2:
Phoenix (03-26-2012)
Old 03-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: more of my detox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianna2 View Post
I am in pain, so I wonder after all is said and done, what will I do? The Cymbalta works quite well on the body pain, which is an all over deep ache and burning feeling. But it doesn't help at all for the injury pain, which is why I was prescribed the Oxy in the first place.
Arianna2,

I wish that I could say there's going to be a smooth transition but everything that is going on with you will come full circle........

You can weather this storm though and it's going to take dedication and perseverance on your behalf.

Know that i'll be around;please take advantage of what is being offered here.......we have spoken before and I believe that we are in sync with most things.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Arianna2 (03-27-2012)
Old 03-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #7
(female)

Yesterday was a complete disaster. It was the day I was to double my dose of Cymbalta, which I did in the morning. In about a half hour I was shaky and so anxious, that I was dropping things and unstable in my walking.

My mind then began to work overtime, obsessing over having to go get my script for the lower dose of Oxy, all the while convincing myself, *There is no way I can do this*. I went to my Dr. appt, and he could see I was in a state, and he told me to stay on the 30mg of Cymbalta (original dose) and not increase it, until I am finished with my detox. Since it seemed like the Cymbalta was helping alot, so I was ok with that. In fact I could tell my heart rate go down quickly. So since then, Ive been in the bathroom 80 times, been nauseous, and anxious.. Amazing what the mind will do. I just wish I could seperate detox symptoms from PTSD, from anxiety, from depression..

Old 03-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #8
(female)

This is my first full day on the lower dose of Oxy. My body is rebelling, but this time, I kinda know the ropes and know I can do this. I still hate it so much though. It makes me feel angry at the whole process that is happening, and how I got here.

At least I get short reprieves, for an hour or so, each time I take a pill. It takes the edge off, and I am grateful for that. Because of my sleep disorder and PTSD, again I am anxious about tonight. Sure would have liked to have known what this would have been like if it was only the detox that I had to deal with.

It seems that when I read others posts, they also are dealing with more than one issue too. Feels good not to be alone in this.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #9
(female)

Detox is the ultimate fooler.... Before I actually got into full blown symptoms, I was so confident that I could do this, blah blah blah.....Why does our brain only recall the bad parts and not that I succeeded with my last drop. If I could just convince my brain, I know it wouldnt be so bad. Thinking and analyzing every stupid little symptom only makes it worse.. My logical self knows this... the frightened self wins every time

Old 03-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #10
Facilitator
(male)

Arianna2,

Forget the logical for a moment;we're fishing for the emotional and that,my dear,defies and overpowers logic.
The frightened self will always win because it has become the basic survival mechanism.....it's there,hidden but apparent,where the primal urges and instincts come from.

How do we let the logical win.....well we first confront andtry to alleviate the pain as much as possible.
Whatever is left over is identified as collateral damage.

For us,the logical can't,rather won't win because issues are buried too deep in our psyche to create change.

With help,we can get a fighting chance but know that it still will take a heap of perseverance on your behalf.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Arianna2 (03-30-2012)
Arianna2 (03-30-2012)
Old 03-30-2012, 06:15 PM   #11
(female)

So right you are, Phoenix, and I *DO* know that, but in the middle of it all, it all gets lost amidst the issues. I am struggling badly right now, but to see this to the end is my goal and I am a very determined person. I will do what my body tells me is OK for (me).

One thing I have to say that has me almost in a giggly state; I found ICYHOT for my legs, finally!!! The hints on this site mean so much to me

Thanks for your input Phoenix

Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-30-2012 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed

Phoenix (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012, 03:45 AM   #12
Facilitator
(male)

Arianna2,

I can definitely get behind those words.

To be going through such a rough time yet being able to reply is commendable.
You definitely have the wherewithal to see that your goal will be attained.

Hang in there.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-30-2012 at 05:38 AM.

Arianna2 (03-31-2012)
Arianna2 (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012, 05:04 AM   #13
(female)

Phoenix,

I am still posting because in this mess I *have* to try to keep busy any way I can. I am not doing much right now, mostly lying down or sitting on the couch. My laptop is here, so I force myself to do it.

Sometimes I actually get absorbed in what I am typing and my mind stops focusing on my symptoms. So that is a good thing.

On another note; Spring is beginning to show its face, and I again am looking from the inside out. I want so much to be out there looking in. How life changes.

Phoenix (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012, 07:37 AM   #14
Facilitator
(male)

It's good to know that you haven't given into the couch potato persona.Keep challenging yourself as a means of progress.
Since typing seems to work for you,by all means continue as often as you can.

Ah,viewing the perspective from the inside is what we introverts seem to specialize in.
When your mind is ready,you'll be able to see glimpses of progress,like pieces to a puzzle.
The more pieces found,the easier the puzzle will be to complete.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Arianna2 (03-31-2012)
Old 04-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #15
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Arianna2, glad to see your hanging in there and doing the taper. I have a question of a different nature. You say that you do have legitimate pain, have you and your doc discussed a plan to handle that pain after you've weened off the Vic completely? You will need to have some way to cope with it, otherwise you'll be back on the pain meds quickly. I know you've got a million things on your mind right now, but this is a biggey when it comes to you staying clean.

Kat

Closed Thread