It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
(male)

doingforaj HB User
Need adivce--detoxing off Herion tomorrow and dont want my wife and kids upset

I am 27. Have a wife and 3yr old and 1 yr old. I had a bad Heroin problem in early 20's but I got clean before I met my wife. I began using 2-3x a month, and actualy did that for about 2 years before my recent problem. I finally got a habit and have been using everyday for the last 6 months. It has been getting worse and worse, but I am now on 6-8 bags a day.

SOOOO, I have tried getting off dope a few times in the last months, but it causes BIG problems with my wife. She actually rather me be high, and have me be super dad and super husband, than me detox and have me sick for a few days. She has never used drugs and does not understand addiction. She has never seen me in my worst, so she doesnt understand whee this will go if it keeps going. I am lucky enough that i have no consequences for the last 6 months of using other than a crummy looking checking acct. Job doesnt know, friends and family doesnt know, and our life, other than me doing dope everyday, is normal.

I dont know what to do. I almost rather go into rehab than be home and have her fighting with me b/c I am sick on the couch and not being a great husband and dad like I normally am when I am high.

I do not want to call her selfish, but what else could it be that she rather me be high than try and get clean and go through me being sick and depressed for a few days.

What else can I do? I CANNOT keep getting high. I have been lucky enough that this last run has had NO consequences, but Iknow enough about addiction and have been to the bottom of the pit before and know that soon, no matter what, I will be down there.

Thanks soo much. I really hope to get some help.

Last edited by mod85; 03-24-2012 at 10:51 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to doingforaj:
Phoenix (03-25-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
(male)

doingforaj HB User
Re: Need adivce--detoxing off Herion tomorrow and dont want my wife and kids upset

I have a script of 8 mg subs. I hope to not use tomorrow and begin a 30 day detox tomorrow. My last use was 4pm today so when I start to get sick tomrrow, I am planning on taking a sub and NOT GET HIGH.

But I am afraid when Iam detoxing how my home life will be. I am lucky enough to have a job where if Itake afew days off it will not be a big deal, but I am really afraid of my home life. The last few times I tried, she said she rather me be high than act the way I was acting towards my kids. You know when your detoxing, the last thing you want to do when your detoxing, is change diapers and deal with kids all day......even if they are your own. And when I am high, I am superdad and super-husband. And my wife is not willing to deal with me when I am not like that.

WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Need adivce--detoxing off Herion tomorrow and dont want my wife and kids upset

Hello doingforaj,

Might I suggest reviewing the sticky atop this forum for a few pointers,entitled:Suggestions for Tapering.

I see how it can be quite difficult to detox without support from family.
Please try to realize that you're doing this for yourself first;it's a life-altering move which will effect those in your immediate circle.
If you begin your detox plan with this in mind,it'll provide a starting point from which you can focus.

You are aware of what to expect,which helps your situation dramatically.

Home life may be difficult for a few days but you have to look at the big picture here;long term vs. the immediate short.

Life will still keep you on your toes from time to time and some days will test your resolve but with some guidance and effort on your behalf,you'll be able to confront certain situations with conviction.

You'll have to plan ahead;post detox.

What are you prepared to do different,to help ensure that you don't backslide?

Another thing to consider is scheduling a complete physical.

Please feel free to post here as often as you like;every bit helps.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Closed Thread