It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
(female)

Reeny706 HB UserReeny706 HB User
So yesterday was day 1 with no drinking!

I thought it was gonna be an ok night but again I got in a big fight with my husband. He called on his way home to tell me he was bringing home something for himself to drink and asked if I wanted anything. I got upset cause he had said he wouldn't drink during the week and I had told him that I wouldn't be drinking yesterday. He threw it in my face that he has heard that all before and why did I always make him out to be the bad guy.
I hate that it ended up in a fight again. I was proud of myself that I didn't drink, even though I wanted to.
THanks for listening.

The following user gives a hug of support to Reeny706:
atez2009 (03-29-2012)
Old 03-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: So yesterday was day 1 with no drinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeny706 View Post
He threw it in my face that he has heard that all before and why did I always make him out to be the bad guy.
I hate that it ended up in a fight again. I was proud of myself that I didn't drink, even though I wanted to.
THanks for listening.
Reeny706,

Wouldn't it be ideal to show him that you don't need to drink?
Maybe he has heard it all before but you keep to your stance and he'll have no choice but to take notice.
If it's too much of a temptation;his drinking around you,then go into another room,away from it all.

He'll be forced to take you seriously eventually and that,in and of itself,will cause him to eat his words.

You keep up the positive work and know that we're rooting for you and here whenever you need support,advice or just want to vent.

Respectfully
Phoenix

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
Pacifier (08-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2012, 05:16 AM   #3
(male)

reallydone HB User

Reeney: YOu can do this, the first day is HUGE!!! Congratulations.. it is downhill from here. When I stopped I found it helpful to get busy with anything (cleaning, going for a walk, etc.) rather than sit and think which is what I used to do. I predict success...RD

Old 03-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
(female)

Thanks Phoenix & Reallydone. I am realizing that my husband is not the support I need in this. I have been given a few links to different meetings that I will most likely check out.
Reallydone, the cleaning has defenitly ramped up in the last three days. I had let the house get out of control and this is another way for me to feel incontrol. A nice walk after the kids go to bed isn't a bad idea either.
Thanks

Old 03-30-2012, 04:26 AM   #5
(female)

newlife1956 HB User

Well done Reeny!

Old 03-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
(female)

"Wouldn't it be ideal to show him that you don't need to drink?
Maybe he has heard it all before but you keep to your stance and he'll have no choice but to take notice."
I think today he did take notice. I think he has been expecting me to still drink on the weekends. When I didn't last night and I told him I wasn't tonight he seemed to get it, I think. HE told me he was happy that I was doing good so far. An I have been doing good.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:48 PM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeny706 View Post
"Wouldn't it be ideal to show him that you don't need to drink?
Maybe he has heard it all before but you keep to your stance and he'll have no choice but to take notice."
I think today he did take notice. I think he has been expecting me to still drink on the weekends. When I didn't last night and I told him I wasn't tonight he seemed to get it, I think. HE told me he was happy that I was doing good so far. An I have been doing good.
Reeny706,

Keep on doing the positive.
We're pulling for you and i'll be here for you,as i'm finally beginning to realize my purpose in life;slowly but surely.
I'm here for you;despite my own problems and afflictions.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Closed Thread