It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
(male)

Alwaysdan HB User
Overcoming Morphine dependency

Five months ago, my partner was cut off of Morphine, after taking it for over a year. He still feels the affects of quitting "cold turkey" . Every night, he feels what he describes at "creepy crawlies" all over. He says it feels like when your arm or leg falls asleep. Sometimes the feeling is unbearable.

Has anyone here experienced this? How long will he feel this? What is the best way to overcome this terrible feeling?

Old 04-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
(female)

drowning75 HB User
Re: Overcoming Morphine dependency

Hey there Dan. Congrats to your partner for getting through 5 months morphine free. Sorry to hear he is still experiencing the restless leg syndrome. This is usually one of the hardest parts of withdrawl because it makes falling asleep virtually impossible. I am also suffering through withdrawl after being clean since January with the exception of 2 relapses that lasted 3 days and 1 day. My last relapse was only one Morphine tab but I started experiencing horrible withdrawl symptoms all over again so I can really feel for your partner! Their are loads of things you can try for his RLS(the creepy feeling in his legs). Just google restless leg syndrome home remedies and you should come up with tons of stuff. Has he tried soaking in a hot bath during the creepy feelings? A heating pad can sometimes help as well. These are just small examples that may offer a little relief. I have read about vitamin and herbal supplements you can take as well. If you visit your doctor and tell him about the creepy feeling/Restless leg syndrome he may prescribe something for you. Don't let the name fool you. The RLS accounts for arms as well. I took a prescribed benzo(short term to avoid addiction) for mine but they only lasted a week although I occasionally get them now and again. I really hope he feels better and I know those creepy feelings are like horrible torture. I will say a little prayer for your guy and hope things get better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
(male)

Alwaysdan HB User

Hello,
Thank you for the response. I would have never guessed RLS but, It makes sense. I looked it up and It's spot on. Well it doesn't make things better but at least he can put a name to it and figure out what he can do to ease the suffering. Thanks again!

Old 04-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
(male)

Alwaysdan HB User

Oh yeah, congrats to you and good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to Alwaysdan For This Useful Post:
drowning75 (04-02-2012)
Old 04-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #5
(female)

musky HB User

Well done for his bravery and if he was cut off by a doctor with no help that's shocking.I had RSL from being a child but boy did it kick off coming off opiates. There are lots of meds, herbs etc. Short term relief as previously stated is a bath. I am not a "new age" type of person but I found mediitation tapes worked for me...you can ******** some for free off reputable sites. Baclofen also helped...you can get it via your doc. I tried to think of it as part of the healing process. My body coming alive...all the nerve endings wakening up. But it's hellish but it will get better.

Closed Thread