It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #61
Veteran
(male)

icehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB User
Re: 4 months free of the opiate shackles

hello, i dont go on here much so it may take a few days or even weeks go get respond, just been so busy, which is good rather than sitting around numb wasting life. yes it does feel awesome and yep im ive been in my new place for a few months now. just gettin ready to head off to work, it was nice havin the 3 days off, jussst when i was gettin used to sleepin in too haha

take care,
ice

Old 08-07-2012, 04:34 AM   #62
Veteran
(male)

icehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB User

hey everyone, well today is 8 months off all opiates.

i still check the boards but dont go online as much as i used to, once your off opiates (which arent your friend) you make real ones again. no more hermit crab. it can be done. im proof. i was in deep, 7 years of heavy oxy use, 600-700mg per day, honestly im surprised im alive. i remember the nights nodding off hard, just so out of it, also once in awhile with benzos. so easily could have stopped breathing in the middle of the night. 12/7/11 is when i decided i was sick of wasting my life and merely existing cuz i sure as heck wasnt livin. im glad i lived up to my promise of never giving up on myself as i knew i had it in me to knock this crap out. for all those struggling, you have it in you as well

take care,
ice

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icehouse3z For This Useful Post:
Phoenix (09-28-2012), Wendy88 (08-10-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #63
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB User

Icehouse,
You are a true inspiration for people like me. Congrats on your success! You show us all who are struggling that freedom is possible. Thank you for checking in from time to time and for sharing your story!
Best to you!
Wendy

Old 09-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #64
Veteran
(male)

9 months opiate free. im tellin ya'll, give that crap up. its so worth it. when your using your losing and not living life. i just recently met a girlfriend and she is out of this world, we're head over heels over one antoher, better than any oxy high ive ever had. if i was still on the pills, i never would have met her. if you keep using, you will never really live, you'll just exist. not much fun is it? but its the truth. best wishes, believe me, i've been there done that, so if anyone can relate its me.

take care,
ice

The Following User Says Thank You to icehouse3z For This Useful Post:
Phoenix (09-28-2012)
Old 09-06-2012, 07:34 AM   #65
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

when your using your losing

Ice, I think you have just coined a great phrase here. Love it!

Happy news about the new girl. Things really do seem to fall in place once we get sober and get the thinking straightened out.

Best, best wishes always
reach

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: reachout
icehouse3z (09-06-2012), Phoenix (09-28-2012)
Old 09-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #66
Veteran
(male)

getting ready for bed, but decided to check in. Reach you've helped me out alot, as well as so many others many times. you pulled me up when i was down, but now i happily walk aside you on the other side of the fence, aka, reality! i'll be around to check in, just not as often. ive noticed my lifes gotten ALOT more busy in a good way now that im sober, im doing things, i've gone from existing to living life.

every one who said it was worth it, well they were right, best of luck, and never give up
-ice

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: icehouse3z
Phoenix (09-28-2012), reachout (09-07-2012)
Old 10-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #67
Veteran
(male)

10 months have passed, no opiates, and no looking back. you can do it if you want to.

take care
ice

The Following User Says Thank You to icehouse3z For This Useful Post:
Grantmetheseren (10-17-2012)
Old 10-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #68
(female)

Grantmetheseren HB UserGrantmetheseren HB UserGrantmetheseren HB User

Everyday I say today's the day! By 1pm I say,ok, tomorrow is the day! How can. Little pill be so evil!

Old 10-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #69
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Ice, my man!

You have truly crossed the bridge into restoration and happiness. This is one time when I can honestly say, "Burn your bridge behind you." :-)

I am so happy for you and so proud of you.

Way to go
Big bear hug
reach

Closed Thread