It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
(female)

pntcat HB User
Intro and Suboxone detox questions

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and give a little background. I've had chronic pain for several years. I've been taking 2-4 Lortab 10/325 for some time, along with up to 200mg of Tramadol daily. I generally switched back and forth between these meds. Anyway, long story short, I went to a new doctor yesterday, and we made the decision to detox me using Suboxone. I started it yesterday.

I'm really feeling sick. I've vomited several times since yesterday. I have a fever and a terrible headache. Is this from the Suboxone itself, or from the w/d? I've been through tramadol withdrawal before and never felt like this, but I haven't been through hydro withdrawal.

I had to call out of work today because I feel so bad. Between the suboxone making me sleeping, and the frequent vomiting, I can barely get up out of bed. Please tell me this part of it will get better soon, I can't miss work.

If anyone could tell me what I should expect in the next few days to weeks I would appreciate it, and in the meantime I will read through other posts.

thank you everyone, I'm glad this board exists!

Old 04-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
(female)

lillady84 HB User
Re: Intro and Suboxone detox questions

hi I am farely new to this site as well but have taken suboxone more than once to me it sounds like these r symtoms from the hydro withdraw. I have never felt the symtoms if I was taking suboxone, only from the withdraw itself. Is it possible that ur dose of suboxone just is too small I would say to ask ur doctor about that. Everyone is different so mayb the suboxone just dosent work as well for u as it did for me. I think u made the right desicion to do this all the luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
(female)

AnnieIsMyName HB User

How long were you off of the hydro before you took the Suboxone? If you didn't wait long enough you may be having precipitated withdrawals. What dose Sub are you on?

Old 04-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
(female)

pntcat HB User

I had been off the hydro only about 24 hours or so, the tramadol even less. My dose is 4mg twice a day, but this morning I only took 2mg because even though I missed work I was still on call.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
(female)

num1laur HB User

dear pntcat,
I went through a 3 year stint on suboxone. I got off finally a year and a half ago. I was addicted initially to fentynal patches and was also on 6-8 10/525 vics a day for multiple sclerosis pain. This is what I know about suboxone: This drug can make you vomit at first. Also, it is the hardest and most horrible drug to get off of. I'm not trying to discourage you at all, I just need you to know this. Why your doctor would put you on suboxone for the small amount of opiates you were on makes me sooooo mad. They don't tell you everything that being on subs entails, and let me tell you, it's not good. I was on 2 8mg tabs a day. Then I tapered to a CRUMB, which probably was about 1/2 to 1 mg. Then went off. I am still experiencing post acute withdrawl syndrome a year and a half later. 1mg of sub equals approximately 30mg of morphine. It's a strong drug. It's an opiate of sorts as it binds to the opiate receptors in the brain. If you don't wait long enough from being off the other opiates, you will get very ill, as the naloxone in suboxone will kick all the tramadol and vicodin off your receptors. Your receptors won't know what the heck is going on, ergo making you sick. Every body is a different body, and I'm not trying to diagnose you, just speaking from experience.

Please don't take this post as a negative thing, I'm just telling you what I know, and I wouldn't wish what I had been through on this drug on anyone.... Take care, and prayers to you.
laurie

Last edited by moderator2; 04-07-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Closed Thread