It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
(female)

ERO626 HB User
Benzo advice

I'm prescribed .25mg of klonopin 2x a day - I've been on and off benzos for almost four years. This is the longest period of time I've been on them - since December. I started on .25mg of klonopin 2x a day, switched to .5 of ativan 2x a day, then 1 mg of ativan 2x a day, then back to klonopin .25mg a day. I have used way more than this in one day though, although I've also gone days without using it at all (but never more than 1 day).

I ran out of my prescription on Friday (two days ago) and took my last .25mg. Now it's Sunday and I can't get my prescription refilled until tomorrow - can I expect to go into withdrawal? How bad will it be? What exactly can I expect?

Old 04-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Tysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB User
Re: Benzo advice

Hi there! From personal experience, I would just expect some anxiety to set in. If you're getting a refill tomorrow you should be fine. Like I said, just a little edgy. Try to keep your mind busy and remind yourself that you are getting it filled tomorrow. Are these benzos something that you think you need to stop taking? You sai you've taken more than prescribed? I know the long term effects are no good and I personally cannot take any benzos without blacking out because I will always abuse them. I hope some of this helped. I wasn't quite sure what exactly you were looking for help with. If you aren't trying to stop taking them, you'll be fine tomorrow. Just a bit anxious!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Benzo advice

If your only going to be without the Klonopin for a day, you shouldn't have many wd symptoms, maybe some jitteryness, a little anxiety, restlessness, but it should be pretty mild if any.

Kat

Closed Thread