It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

alex12 HB Useralex12 HB User
low dose vicodin addiction..help please

1 year ago I got prescribed vicodin ES for neck pain. I thought I would be on it for a few months but here I am unable to get off. I feel very depressed when I don't take it so I do in order to get through my work and the day without being sick. I only take 2 to 2.5 a day so at the most I am taking 17 mg's or 14 mgs. I get very depressed and lethargic and want to isolate. I also cannot sleep and am taking .5 of Klonopin to help which in turn makes me more tired int eh morning having to take the Vicodin. I also take Paxil for the past 10 years for anxiety. I am stuck int his cycle and feel terrible. I am stuck in a corner and can't get out Need support and advice please. The depression and anxiety is what's killing me.

Thank You

The following user gives a hug of support to alex12:
Arianna2 (04-09-2012)
Old 04-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
(female)

Arianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB User
Re: low dose vicodin addiction..help please

Alex 12, I was taking 30mgs a day of Oxy 6 weeks ago, and with a slow taper program am down to 15mgs a day. You can do it. You just need a plan. There are many posts on a slow taper in the forums.

BTW.. I also was taking it for a little better than a year, so I also realize how hard this can be.

Good Luck.. I am sure you can do it.

The following user gives a hug of support to Arianna2:
alex12 (04-09-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Arianna2 For This Useful Post:
alex12 (04-09-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
(female)

nahla HB User
Re: low dose vicodin addiction..help please

This is very difficult and I know the feeling well. I am extreemly impressed that you readily admitt to having this problem; even at a low dose. This is the first step and I applaud you. I know many people who feel justified with a script from a doc. They feel they have an excuse and never admitt to having a problem. If your really serious about wanting help, talk to your doctor. They can help dose you down ans possibly offer alternatives that are not addictive. The hardest part will be withdrawing but its only temporary. It is worth the fight. I feel amazing and free being off of prescriptions, but it took a couple months ti fully recover. You wil be in my prayers, good luck to you.

Closed Thread