It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
(male)

Txhippie HB User
Desperate

I have been on hydrocodone for about 9 months taking 5 to 6 a day for crowns severe arthritis and kidney stones but when I run out I get severely nervous and anxiety sets in and of course the issue of sitting on the toilet I have had a prescription for Xanax for anxiety that I recieved some time ago but never really used them they just make me tired but I'd really like to get off these stuff it's the devil and controls me I have to work daily as I own my own company and can't afford the time off to deal with this nasty wd I have tried the 5-htp but doesn't seem to help I'm desperate and want this out of my life. Someone please help me with some advice.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Desperate

Unfortunately there is no "quick fix" to drug addiction a slow taper is the best and safest way to get off of Narcotics. There is a 24 hr rapid withdrawal chemical procedure, but most Dr.s will only do that in a medically necesary situation, as it's very dangerous, and carries a high probability of overdose since your body no longer recognizes the drugs in small or normal amounts.

With a slow taper you will still have withdrawals symptoms but they won't be as harsh as a sudden stop. Alot of people start it on a Friday afternoon, have a pretty crappy weekend, but are able to go to work on Monday. Have you talked to your prescribing doc about devising a plan to get you off the meds? That might be a good place to start...

Kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
(female)

nahla HB User
Re: Desperate

I agree with the slow taper. You can actually go so slow you wont feel the withdraw. I have done this before at a rate of 1mg per week, and I didn't feel terrible. You should talk to your doc because sometimes its hard to cut yourself down by cutting up your pills, a lot of time the leftovers are too tempting on a bad day. Keep hyadrated when you start to taper, it will help out tremendously.

Closed Thread