It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
(female)

Kri10 HB User
Day three opiate free

I don't even know where to start. I'm a 21 year old female. Two years ago I started having chronic pain issues. My primary doctor put me on wellbutrin and ultram. I ended up having a seizure in the lazy river at Darien Lake and almost drowning. Then I went to the doctors and he switched me to Percocet and suggested pain management. My pain doctor has the worst god complex and has made me fear going to the doctors to figure out exactly what's wrong with me. So far I have a seizure disorder from the medication interactions and rhuematoid arthritis. I started going to pain management two years ago and I have been on 15-20 Percocet a day. I would constantly run out early and try to get by till refill buying opana off the street. I am not proud of the drugs I have done and the things I have done to my loved ones. I was a good person. I used to laugh and live life. I was in school too. I just want my life back. The doctors still can't figure out why I have such bad pain in my left leg but I think I may feel better off of all the drugs. I need support. I need encouragement. I am so sick of numbing my feelings. I want to live again. I'm starting to feel a little better. I'm working ten hours at work today in a customer service oriented job. It's a struggle. The body aches are subsiding and so is the nausea. Just the lack of energy and motivation are killing me. And the anxiety. I know I can get through this. I don't have a choice. If I don't do this I will lose everything. I am done with hurting everyone I love.

The following user gives a hug of support to Kri10:
LUCKY1850 (04-13-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Kri10 For This Useful Post:
chippewachick (04-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
(female)

LUCKY1850 HB User
Re: Day three opiate free

Kri10,

You certainly have a good head on your shoulders for your age. I have been addicted to all sorts of pills in my lifetime and am still around after the fact. Percocets can be awful to come off of but you can indeed do it.

My worry is that it seems as if you are just going cold turkey off of so many pills a day, and if you have already had seizures before...

Keep your vitamin intake up, lots of water to flush out.

Youre the same great person! Keep looking ahead, you can do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to LUCKY1850 For This Useful Post:
Kri10 (04-13-2012)
Old 04-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
(female)

Kri10 HB User
Talking Re: Day three opiate free

I haven't had a seizure in about two years and my neurologist said that I'm pretty much in the clear as long as I stay away from Wellbutrin and tramadol. After being told that I knew I could handle it because I'm still taking my seizure medicine.

I just got so sick of the routine or trying to find money. Never having money. Never having enough drugs. I am so sick of hurting everyone in my family. I just got so fed up. I knew a taper wouldn't work for me. I knew cold turkey would be the only way for me to beat this. It's taken the best years of my life and I'm sick of it.

I'm on day three and I don't feel too horrible. I'm doing okay at work too. I've confided in my fiancé and a few friends so that I have some support. I had anxiety and wanted to use for an hour or two but its passed.

I'm young enough to fix my life, pay off my debts, and go back to school for engineering and make something of myself. I'm a sales person and I'm really good at it. I never want to turn back.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #4
(female)

Kri10 HB User

Thank you guys for your replies. It's now day 4 and I feel pretty good. Stomach a little upset and legs hurt but doctors have yet to figure that out. I'm surprised. I don't have any depression. I'm actually happy. When I was on drugs I was just miserable and negative and didn't even see a point in living. Now I'm excited about everything. It's beautiful here in central new York. I went for a country drive and a walk just to take in what I've been missing. I'm also trying to repair friendships. Things are looking up. My fiancé is so happy I'm being a normal human being. My family is proud of me. I lost two years of my life to those stupid pills. It will never take me away again.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #5
(female)

Kri10 HB User

I know what you mean. I felt like a miserable shell of me just trying to make it through life. When I went on my country drive it was so amazing to just take it all in with a clear mind. I've been missing out on so much. My next step after this is to quit smoking too.

Closed Thread