It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #1
(female)

jakins1975 HB User
Suboxone help

Hello all. I have a question and would appreciate any advice. I've been on suboxone over a year now I take usually 8-16mg. Unfortunately, I have one and 1/4 strips left to last me 9 days until my refill. I have ran out before and I was miserable. Does any fellow suboxone users have any advice for me? Thanks so much!!

Old 04-24-2012, 04:30 AM   #2
(male)

bolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB User
Re: Suboxone help

Sounds like you havn,t been following the directions on prescription bottle if I,m understanding you correctly. You said your taking 8 to 16 mgs. a day? Done that myself with my first script and called sub. dr. when I ran out. He knew right away I wasn,t following directions and after assuring him this would not happen again and listening to him lecture me for about 10 minutes he called into pharmacy and I got enough to last me until I saw him again and he wrote me another script. Don,t know if your dr. will be so understanding since you,ve been on them for a year but you could try. Your still on pretty high dose and would be very hard to jump without tapering properly.

The Following User Says Thank You to bolter For This Useful Post:
jakins1975 (04-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2012, 05:02 AM   #3
(female)

jakins1975 HB User

You're right, I've never been good at following directions...my Dr. won't do that. I have tapered myself to 1mg. a day. I know it won't be easy but I've been through this b4. Running out completely and I was so down and depressed, I was a basket case. I'm trying to stay positive a little (1mg.) is better than none. I think a lot of it is a mind thing anyway and it's time I get off of Suboxone for good. In a few days, I probably won't sound so positive but I'm trying. Thx so much for taking the time to reply...

Have a Good Day!!

Old 05-02-2012, 05:25 AM   #4
(male)

bolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB User

Was wondering how you are doing?

Old 05-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #5
(female)

jakins1975 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolter View Post
Was wondering how you are doing?
Hey, nice of you to ask...I'm good. I made it pretty close to my appt. and was able to move it up. I got 30 for this month and I'm takin' them the right way...8mg/day. How are you?

Old 05-03-2012, 05:17 AM   #6
(male)

I,m doing pretty good. I go back to dr. on the ninth and will taper down somemore then. I started on 1 and a half film strip for a month then down to 1 strip for two weeks then he has me taking 1 strip "8mg." then the next day a half strip "4mg." then the next day 1 strip "8mg." then the next day a half strip"4mg." and I,ll keep rotating the doses like that until I see him on the ninth. At that time I will have been doing this rotation for 2 weeks. He says when you rotate the strength of the med. like that its easier for the body to adjust to the taper. I don,t know what his next step will be, I told him when I started this **** I wanted to be off suboxone in 3 months. After I see him next time I,ll have one month to go, then I,ll jump off and see what happens. By the way, he has me take subs. just once a day opposed to twice. He thinks it,ll help the taper process and jump at the end. I,m not looking forward to that, read a bunch of horror stories about sub. wd. Just gonna have to wait and see.

The following user gives a hug of support to bolter:
jakins1975 (05-03-2012)
Old 05-03-2012, 07:12 AM   #7
(female)

jakins1975 HB User

It sounds like we're pretty much in the same boat...Hopefully we won't sink!! It's nice chatting with someone who can relate...

Closed Thread