It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
(female)

monoxide HB User
Question hello all, hydro withdrawl... first 24 hours

Hello all.
I am an hydro addict. I have tapered then I go back up in dosage. At its worst I was taking 80 mg a day , 2 tens at a time.... I tapered down to two a day last week. I've been addicted for almost a year. I am in my first 24 hours . Not to bad at this point. Be real with me. When is the worst to come?

Eta: I lost a sister to a drug overdose. So that is my main inspiration for quitting.

Last edited by monoxide; 04-24-2012 at 06:22 PM. Reason: more info

Old 04-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
(female)

monoxide HB User
Re: hello all, hydro withdrawl .... first 24 hours

Should I go get l-tyrasine ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Welcome to the boards, and congrats on your very wise decision, having said that, I am so very sorry that you loss your sister.

Everyone's different, but I think for most the withdrawals peak beginning day 2 or 3 and how long it lasts just depends on you. You mentioned L-Tyrasine, are you talking about L-Tyrosine the amino acid supplement? In the beginning it probably won't matter what supplements you take, your gonna feel like crud. Stay hydrated, try to keep some bland food in your stomach, try to get a little excercise, walk around if you can. Try not to just ball up some where and stay there. When the restless legs start, don't try to force yourself still and fight it, get up and walk around or take a really hot bath. You might want to keep some Immodium, Ibuprofen and Benadryl around. Immodium because your stomach will probably go nuts at some point, Ibuprofen because your going to be achy all over, and Benadryl to help you sleep at night. Staying hydrated is a biggey though, being dehydrated can make you feel bad on it's own.

Hang in there, keep in touch let us know how your doing.

Kat

The Following User Says Thank You to katlin09 For This Useful Post:
monoxide (04-25-2012)
Old 04-25-2012, 04:16 AM   #4
(female)

monoxide HB User

Thank you Jay for the response. I am 36 hours out. I woke up at 5 a.m this morning unable to go back to sleep. But still it isn't as bad as I though it would be. Maybe it helped because of the tapering. I'm not sure. I have been trying to drink as much fluids as possible and I think that's helping. I'm just thankful I have a door out. Wether the worst is yet to come or not.... Much better than the alternative .

The following user gives a hug of support to monoxide:
jilas0127 (04-25-2012)
Old 04-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #5
(female)

jilas0127 HB Userjilas0127 HB Userjilas0127 HB User

I have an idea... how about you come over to my house and we can be miserable together... lol. I did forget to tell you, and I remembered when I read your most recent post. I woke up at 3 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I leave work today at 1... hoping to go get a nap this afternoon before I get my kids. I know tomorrow I'm probably going to feel even worse right? I do have a prescription for Adipex that I take (its a diet pill case you didn't know) and that always gives me energy. I'm guessing that might be helping me today... I don't know though... I think the Norco is taking over. coffee isn't even helping me.

The following user gives a hug of support to jilas0127:
monoxide (04-25-2012)
Old 04-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #6
(female)

monoxide, you are in my thoughts tonight.. hope you are doing well.

The Following User Says Thank You to jilas0127 For This Useful Post:
monoxide (04-26-2012)
Old 04-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
(female)

monoxide HB User
Re: hello all, hydro withdrawl... first 24 hours

Physically I assume I am doing fine. Right now I am in tears though. Today is day three. And.today has been such a crappy day. It was to be my first day back to Erik after a few days off. I get back and this girl who had recently quit, was there. So I go to clock in and my boss catches me and tells me this chick is taking over my hours and if they need me that they will call me. What a crappy day.

Phoenix (04-29-2012)
Old 04-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
(female)

Hey...THAT'S OK...I'm not sure what your faith is, but I believe that the Lord (or higher power) will adjust our path to bring us to a better place. I imagine that you've used while on that job.. so you may find it's a trigger and may make your recovery harder. Keep yourself together... get busy! See if you can find a BETTER job, a NEW job, NEW start! Tomorrow is a new day, you are almost through feeling like crap.. summer is coming, your beautiful... and there is a wonderful life out there waiting for you!!!

monoxide (04-26-2012)
monoxide (04-26-2012)
Old 04-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #9
(female)

monoxide HB User

Thank you very much dear. Hopefully there is a fresh start to the day. To life. It's just sucks going through all of this .

Old 04-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Monoxide,

So very sorry to hear of your work troubles. Having somewhere to go and something to do really helps get through the day. Don't let them get you down. Try to keep yourself busy, take walks, go to the public library...just get yourself out some during the day. I think you said you have little kids..even going to the park with them some.

Hang in there, you can get through this. And you have the folks here to talk with when things are difficult, your not alone in this.

kat

Old 04-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #11
(male)

KennyD1 HB UserKennyD1 HB User

Monoxide, hang in there !!! Day 4 will be better.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:34 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Tysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB User

Hello there... First of all let me say how sorry I am that you lost your sister to this horrible demon.
For you, there is hope! And you are already making steps in the right direction. there is no way around the first week of hell and that's all there is to it. Immodium helps. The L-t helps but you're still going to feel as though you are losing your mind. The truth of the matter is, your mind is actually trying to get back to normal after the barrage of narcotics we so willingly gave to it.

Keep posting...I swear it helps. Post the good, the bad, and everything in between. I was a lurker for months til I read enough stories to be inspired to do it myself!

Good luck and lots of love kelly

The Following User Says Thank You to Tysmom1 For This Useful Post:
monoxide (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #13
(female)

How are you doing monoxide? Feeling better?? Sorry I haven't posted, I've been busy. I am feeling back to normal. It wasn't that bad. I have just had a hard time sleeping at night. other than that I feel fine. I went and saw my knee surgeon yesterday, he asked me if I needed anymore pain medicine... I said NO. But asked if he had something to help me sleep. he gave me Ultracet. Have you ever heard of that? I took one at bedtime last night and I did sleep all night without waking up.

monoxide (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #14
(female)

monoxide HB User

I'm still here. I feel like I am learning how to relive.I've been chatting with a close friend that went though this. He keeps checking in on me.... There are days that I feel good. Then days that I am so depressed I can't stop crying. Last week I went a few days just laying in bed, didn't take a shower or nothing. I woke up this morning sore as usual. I realized how feral I looked. So I have done my hair and put on make up.
I'm hoping something that small and insignificant can help me in big ways.

jilas0127 (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #15
(female)

Why do you think you are crying? Have you thought about it? I know that you are probably extremely depressed, and moody. My husband (soon to be ex) is an addict of opiates. He is taking that suboxon and he said it is great. It takes away all withdrawl symptoms and he says he has absolutely no craving for pills. He has been taking vicodin for over 12 years. He did the methodon treatment and that helped him as well. He really made sure that he only went down on the dosage and eventually he was done with it. His recent "thing" was adderall. He overdosed twice and is now in an 8 month rehabilitation center. He has been sober for over 60 day. But anyway, I remember times when he was going thru withdrawl. He said his days went by extremely slow and he was very moody and depressed. Maybe you should go see a doctor, tell them what you are dealing with, and maybe they can give you something (non-habit forming) to take the edge of the anxiety. All I can really say is hang in there. The good side is, you haven't been taking that stuff for years and I think you will be ok. I really do believe that once you get through this, you will be fine, and I think your chances of staying off of them is better than if you had taken them for a long long time. You've lost your best friend really. The one thing that was always there, something you looked forward to every day, and it never let you down. Try to set some goals. And yes, taking a shower and putting some makeup on.. get to move around and find yourself again is a great start. It really is the little things that will help. One day at a time. find something of interest to take your mind of things. Do you have a boyfriend? Any close friends to hang out with, to get you out? Do you pray? I will pray for you. Keep in touch, read some other forums. And remember... it could be worse. Really. Do you excersize? That will certainly make you feel better. It will get your endorphins going and it is a natural mood enhancer.

monoxide (05-02-2012)
Closed Thread