It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 06:02 AM   #1
(male)

bolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB User
Tramadol for suboxone withdrawal

I,m planning on jumping off suboxone in about a month and a half when my tapering is complete. I,ve been on it for past couple months. I was abusing oxycodone for past couple of years, up to 13-15 30mg. per day. Lortab abuse for 6-7 yrs. before that. Was talking with sub. doc. about what I,ve heard and read about suboxone withdrawal and how it,s supposed to be as bad as oxy or any pain pill wd. He said it,s not bad at all, piece of cake, not those words but you get the drift. Anyways, he said in rare cases he,s prescribed Tramadol. He said when patient was all done with the suboxone they get hooked on Tramadol for a short period of time then taper off it. It,s suppose to be easier. I,m not sure about all that. I allways read about real bad wd,s off sub. Has anyone had a relativly easy wd? Also has anyone heard of getting off sub. useing another drug?

Old 04-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Tramadol for suboxone withdrawal

Please, please listen to me very carefully...god I can't believe docs are still doing this crap. Tramadol (Ultram) is marketed as a non-narcotic pain med with anti-depressant qualities. In reality it is one of the most addictive substances they have put on the market in the last 10 years. It is very dangerous, very easy to overdose on, causes grand mal seizures and incredibly addictive. It is the hardest med I ever detoxed of, legal or illegal. If your taking psych meds you can get seratonin syndrome which can be deadly in itself. Docs thought this was going to be the new "safe" wonder drug pain med..they were wrong, incredibly wrong! I now have a seizure disorder from Tramadol, I started having Grand Mal seizures when I was on it, they've never stopped, I now take 2 extra meds every day to control the dang seizures. And don't just listen to me, if you'll plug the words "Ultram" and "Tramadol" into the search bar for this board, you'll find all kinds of posts from people who had the same kind of horrific experience with what was supposed to be a very safe drug.

Look at the big picture here, you wanted off oxy's, so they put you on Subs, now you want off subs, so they're going to put you on another addictive drug??? When do you say enoughs enough? At what point do you say I want to be clean and just do what you need to do? You can't keep curing your addiction with another drug, your just changing one addiction for another and that makes no sense. And I promise you, Tramadol is not something you want to detox off of, you will think your going insane and wish you were dead....it's not worth it. Just taper off the subs and stop the insanity, you can do that.

kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread