It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
(female)

froglady6g HB Userfroglady6g HB User
Question methadone/ohio area

hello I'm new here. i live in ct, I've been on a methadone program now for 4 months I'm going on a trip to visit my sons new college he will be attending in Oct. i need to guest dose down there. I'm going to Lima. Ohio. so any one know of a clinic in the area i can get in touch with? any help will be greatly appreciated.. thanx

Old 04-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
(female)

jilas0127 HB Userjilas0127 HB Userjilas0127 HB User
Re: methadone/ohio area

The closest one I could find on mapquest was in Toledo OH. They may be able to tell you how far they are, or maybe guide you in the right direction. I hope that helps! Good Luck!

Last edited by mod85; 04-26-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Are you on 1 week dosing for methadone?

I found this one, you can call 'em and see if they'll do guest dosing. We're not allowed to list phone numbers, but all i did was googled Methadone clinics in Lima Ohio and it popped right up, there's a phone number on it also. There were several others also if this one is not close to your sons college.

Lutheran Social Services Northwestern Ohio, Inc.
529 South Elizabeth Street
Lima, OH 45804

I hope they're able to help you, I'm sure your super excited about visiting your sons college!

Kat

Last edited by katlin09; 04-25-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #4
(female)

thanks both, I've been on methadone since DEC.21 2011. I'll be getting my 1st take home bottle in 3 weeks but that's for a Sunday and i want to take a road trip to visit my sons college during the school week so i was told to find a clinic and pick a date and my clinic will set it all up. my son will be going off to college for Oct. 2012. he's all ready been accepted but before we pay this huge bill i want to see in person where he will be, yes it's a very exciting event but also bitter sweet seeing my little boy off as a man. but least he knows mom is clean and he doesn't need to be worrying about me, he's been doing that now far too long. thanx again for the info

Old 04-26-2012, 01:15 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Tysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB User

Btw, congrats froglady! 3 weeks and getting to take home your own dosing means you've done EVERYTHING they've expected of you and then some. I know soooooo Many people who can't get thru a week! You're doing so great! Keep up the good work! I'll bet you're super excited for the trip! I know I would be! You have so much going for you that "we" would never have if it weren't commitment to recovery. I'm so proud of you and would love to keep hearing from you! Take care!
Kelly

Old 04-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Froglady,

I hear ya, it's always much better when you can take care of your son and they don't have to take care of you. I just finally got my 22 yr.old to move out to his own place about 8 months ago. After college and Fire Acadamy he always thought he had to come back and take care of mom for one reason or the other....it took a while to convince him he could get on with his own life.

Good luck on your trip, I hope the clinic will be able to accommodate you.

Kat

Old 04-30-2012, 11:41 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Froglady,

Hey, just wanted to check in see if your doing okay? Were you able to get in touch with a clinic in OH?

Take care,

Kat

Old 05-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #8
(female)

thanx for the concern kat, I'm doing good thank you i have a check up at the doctors Thursday to see what the plan is going to be for my knee my pain level seams to be under control i had an increase with my methadone 2 weeks ago so that seams to be working for me other then I'm more on the sleepy side. i'm on 70mgs, I'm not sure if i ever said how much I'm on, and I'm taking naproxin when the pain starts acting up, other then that things to be going well. I'm dealing with an issue with my husband i plan to look up some research on his issue but i guess other then that all is good. thanx again for asking, Heidi

Closed Thread