It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2012, 06:01 AM   #1
(male)

highwayman HB User
Question Subutex Doctor - Need to Locate One

Guys and Gals,

First, I wanna say hello. I am new to this forum and am impressed with the amount of substance that exists here. Wow! Now, on to my issue. I am allergic to naloxone. I feel hopeless. I want to start my recovery. I have used every resource available in an attempt to locate a Physician/Clinic that will prescribe me SUBUTEX/Generic Buprenorphine - instead of Suboxone. I am having horrible luck.

I live in Maryland but I work a whole lot in North Carolina, Virginia and sometimes Tennessee. Will someone, somewhere, please, please just refer me to a Physician so I may get treatment? Folks, I would be duly humble and grateful. I know that they exist, lol, they are just hiding from me. j/k. It is great to be part of this community, I plan on hanging around.

Thanks Everyone!

Old 04-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Subutex Doctor - Need to Locate One

Hi and welcome to the Boards. Here in North Carolina pain management docs prescribe Buprenorphine for some types of pain management, I'm not sure about detox clinics, as when I've had to detox, I got straight off the pills, didn't go the sub route. You could call around or google places here to see....UNC Hospital in Chapel Hill or Duke Hospital in Durham would be 2 good places to start, they could let you know about possible clinics.

I don't know if you see a Dr. and get your pills legally, but have you talked to your Dr. about switching you to Buprenorphine for detox purposes and then tapering you off? Just a thought.

Take care,

Kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread