It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #31
(female)

Tulip21 HB UserTulip21 HB User
Re: Best meds to deal with alcohol withdrawl...

It sounds like you should never be prescribed benzos to self-administer. Because certain patients with chronic anxiety are prescribed benzos to be taken daily twice a day, I am surprised I have never heard of this memory loss like you experienced as forgetting you took your dose. I guess those weekly pill counters would work in your case, but I hope you never take another benzo! Your experience is so scary! Thanks for sharing it.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:31 AM   #32
Inactive
(female)

Tysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip21 View Post
It sounds like you should never be prescribed benzos to self-administer. Because certain patients with chronic anxiety are prescribed benzos to be taken daily twice a day, I am surprised I have never heard of this memory loss like you experienced as forgetting you took your dose. I guess those weekly pill counters would work in your case, but I hope you never take another benzo! Your experience is so scary! Thanks for sharing it.
My ability to self administer medication has never been a problem. I said it before and I'll say it again, then I'm done explaining myself. This was a side effect from the benzos. It's not as if I took it KNOWING that I was taking more than i should. I not only forgot that I had taken my dose already, I forgot three friggin days of my life!!!

I don't need a pill counter as I don't have multiple meds to take at multiple times during the day. But they are a great idea for people that do. Pill counter or not, I still would have had the same side effect.

I had taken it in the past without incident and don't know why it had this effect this time. But as we get older our bodies change. Good example, I was never allergic to any medication, ever. Right around 35, all of a sudden I'm allergic to penicillin. So things change.

It's not a matter of NEVER taking a benzo again,so much as it is a good indication that my body has indeed changed and I need to pay attention whenever I take ANY medication. Even if I've taken it in the past, it may have negative side effects the next time.

Have a good day all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2012, 06:33 AM   #33
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Very true Kelly, our bodies do change. I never had a problem with latex, but after 30 plus surgeries my body has now become hypersensitive to it and developed an allergy I can't even let the stuff touch my skin or I get very bad blisters and a nasty red feverish rash.

People should always pat attention to meds they take whether they've taken them previously or not, especially if it's something you may have taken alot of previously, our bodies do change and react to the substances we put in them.

Kat

Old 05-30-2012, 08:20 AM   #34
(male)

Jackbeanstalk HB UserJackbeanstalk HB UserJackbeanstalk HB UserJackbeanstalk HB User

Memory loss is listed as a possible side-effect on Klonopin, Xanax, Valium, so it must be true. Did you talk to your Dr.? This could indicate something else could be going on. I guess "black-outs" and memory loss can become more frequent and severe with age and the other things that accompany aging. JB
BTW, I'm 57, and it's tough staying healthy, especially quitting substances.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:42 AM   #35
Inactive
(female)

Tysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbeanstalk View Post
Memory loss is listed as a possible side-effect on Klonopin, Xanax, Valium, so it must be true. Did you talk to your Dr.? This could indicate something else could be going on. I guess "black-outs" and memory loss can become more frequent and severe with age and the other things that accompany aging. JB
BTW, I'm 57, and it's tough staying healthy, especially quitting substances.
Hi JB! Yes I definitely talked to my doctor about it. He seems to think it was a really bad side effect that i suffered from. He has seen it before, though not much. I have since taken valium for a very short period of time (a week) and had no side effects whatsoever... who the hell knows. It's amazing what you actually find when you research it though aint it? Maybe I was having an off day, a really really really off day.

How are you? Hanging in there?

Closed Thread