It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
(female)

donnadb040 HB Userdonnadb040 HB User
cant stop the diarrhea! HELP!

Cannot stop the diarrhea from quitting vicodin! My son graduates on Friday and I will have to be traveling out of town to attend; however, for the last 4 days, I have been unable to leave the bed/bathroom!! I have taken bottles and bottles of immodium and it is not helping at all!! I do not have access to Lomotil and I'm just about at my wits end!!! Any suggestions to help stop the diarrhea???? Im desperate!

Old 04-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User
Re: cant stop the diarrhea! HELP!

If your having diarrhea that bad, for that long and immodium isn't stopping it, you should go see your primary care Dr. your at a pretty high risk for dehydration and that can be dangerous in and of itself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnadb040 View Post
Cannot stop the diarrhea from quitting vicodin! My son graduates on Friday and I will have to be traveling out of town to attend; however, for the last 4 days, I have been unable to leave the bed/bathroom!! I have taken bottles and bottles of immodium and it is not helping at all!! I do not have access to Lomotil and I'm just about at my wits end!!! Any suggestions to help stop the diarrhea???? Im desperate!
Hello donnadb040,

I would go to the ER if going to your primary isn't for at least several days.
In the mean time and in between time,you may want to stock up on gatorade,for electrolyte stability.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Old 04-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User

Get Pedialyte, if you can instead of gatorade. Gatorade can have high sugar and that can make the diarrhea worse. Pedialyte will be in the baby food section of the supermarket.

kat

Old 05-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
(female)

Thank u all for your replies! Doc called me in some lomotil. Hubby is on the way to pick it up! It's now been 5 days straight! I've lost 4 lbs! So
Something else might be going on here other than just the WDs. Please pray that I am better by Friday!

Old 05-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User

Saying lots of prayers for you. If you don't get relief from the lomotil, please go see your doc.

Kat

The Following User Says Thank You to katlin09 For This Useful Post:
atlmomof2 (05-03-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 03:52 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Tysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB User

Hiya! Lomotil did wonders for me! I had a really bad bout of IBS a few years back and immodium wouldn't touch it! The lomotil did great! Good luck to you! Oh- pedialyte is def a better choice than Gatorade. They both rehydrated and have electrolytes but kat was right. The sugar in Gatorade can aggravate diarrhea! I hope you're on ur way to feeling better!

Old 05-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #8
(female)

Thanks so much for your caring replies! This was one of those "no way" moments! Went to doc and actually had an intestinal bacteria! Since I was coming off the Vicodin, I thought 100% that was the entire issue but appears that it coincidentally occurred with a gut infection! Who'd a thunk it??? I'm much better now and 5 lbs thinner! Thanks for your prayers!!

Old 05-03-2012, 12:10 AM   #9
(female)

atlmomof2 HB Useratlmomof2 HB User

Your body is detoxing and flushing out the impurities . It won't last forever. Take a deep breath it's all worth it mama

Old 05-03-2012, 12:21 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB User

Had a feeling that wasn't related to the detoxing, the diarrhea is usually not that bad and doesn't last that long. I'm glad you went in to see your Dr. and I'm sure your ecstatic not to be living in the bathroom anymore!

Hope your feeling tiptop soon and have a good time on your trip!

Kat

Old 05-03-2012, 12:55 AM   #11
(female)

atlmomof2 HB Useratlmomof2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlin09 View Post
Had a feeling that wasn't related to the detoxing, the diarrhea is usually not that bad and doesn't last that long. I'm glad you went in to see your Dr. and I'm sure your ecstatic not to be living in the bathroom anymore!

Hope your feeling tiptop soon and have a good time on your trip!

Kat
Oh haha I'm retarded!!! I just assume people don't want to go to the dr because I didn't . But now I do . Kat is smart. I'm not smart u should always tell your dr. Everything!!

Closed Thread