It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
(male)

Brit boy HB User
Thomas recipe questions

I've started the mineral supplement to build it up in my system and plan to take my last pain pill next Wednesday. I have tapered down from 3 Oxy a day to 1. In total of all the meds I was on I'm off 5 of the others, down from 18 pills a day to the 1 Oxy.

I'm not planning on using the Valium or anything like it (Benzo's I believe). So my question is can I use the L-Tyrosine from day 1?

I'm also going to try Valerian Root for sleep, can I take Benadryl with that too?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Thomas recipe questions

Welcome to the Boards! Yes you can use the L-Tyrosine from the beginning and yes you can use Benadryl with the Valerian Root supplement. If Valerian Root doesn't help, you can also get Melatonin, which is the natural chemical your body uses for sleep.

Good luck to you!

Kat

The Following User Says Thank You to katlin09 For This Useful Post:
Brit boy (05-04-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2012, 01:15 AM   #3
(female)

atlmomof2 HB Useratlmomof2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit boy View Post
I've started the mineral supplement to build it up in my system and plan to take my last pain pill next Wednesday. I have tapered down from 3 Oxy a day to 1. In total of all the meds I was on I'm off 5 of the others, down from 18 pills a day to the 1 Oxy.

I'm not planning on using the Valium or anything like it (Benzo's I believe). So my question is can I use the L-Tyrosine from day 1?

I'm also going to try Valerian Root for sleep, can I take Benadryl with that too?

Thanks!
Good job tapering. You could seizure if u quit cold turkey. It's easy to quit....the hard part is "staying quit" lol I heard that on celebrity rehab. Dr drew us your friend. Chin up kiddo. U r worth it. We all are. Atlmomof2

The Following User Says Thank You to atlmomof2 For This Useful Post:
Brit boy (05-04-2012)
Old 05-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #4
(male)

Brit boy HB User

Thank you Kat for the answers, I really appreciate it. I've actually been using Melatonin the last month or so to help me sleep while I've been tapering. It was helping for sure, I was lucky to get 2 or 3 hours sleep a night, if i did sleep. With the Melatonin I was getting 4 or 5 but it doesn't seem to be helping as much lately since I cut down from 2 pain pills to 1. So I just thought I would try the Valerian Root for a change. Thanks for mentioning it though

Atlmomof2, thank you so much also for the kind words. From what I've been reading it seems it can be a bit easier to quit or stay quit when the pills have been used for pain rather than pleasure so to speak. So hopefully that's the case for me too. I'm a stay at home Dad to our 9 month old daughter so I have a massive amount of motivation with her. I'm so ready to take my last pill and get over this, but I read it's best to get the mineral supplement built up in my system for a couple of weeks before stopping the pills altogether. I wish I could start today but I know it's going to be really difficult so I want to give myself the best foundation that I can because failure is not an option as they say

Thanks you two, big help!

Last edited by Brit boy; 05-03-2012 at 11:18 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Brit boy:
atlmomof2 (05-03-2012)
Old 05-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
(male)

KennyD1 HB UserKennyD1 HB User

BritBoy, it seems you are well prepared. You did great tapering. How long did you taper for?

With all the preparation you have done, I am confident you will make it !!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to KennyD1 For This Useful Post:
Brit boy (05-04-2012)
Old 05-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
(male)

Brit boy HB User

Thanks Kenny, that's very nice of you to say. I've been tapering for about 7 weeks now, but just found this site and learned about the Thomas Recipe last week. A great find that's for sure!

Old 05-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Brit Boy, the Melatonin may be less effective since you've been using it for a while, you can use it in conjunction with Valerian Root or Benadryl. If you choose to use Benadryl just be very diligent in keeping well hydrated, anti-histamines dry your body out.

Take care,

Kat

The Following User Says Thank You to katlin09 For This Useful Post:
atlmomof2 (05-04-2012)
Old 05-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #8
(male)

Brit boy HB User

I think that's the case with the Melatonin yes. That's good to know I can use it with Valerian Root though, I think I'll try those 2 together first rather than the Benadryl. I want to keep this as natural as possible.

Thanks Kat

Old 05-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #9
(male)

Brit boy HB User

If I need to increase the dosage of L-Tyrosine (I started today with 500mg), is it best to take it all in the morning on an empty stomach? Or to spread it out over the day?

Thanks!

Old 05-12-2012, 08:03 AM   #10
(male)

Jackbeanstalk HB UserJackbeanstalk HB UserJackbeanstalk HB UserJackbeanstalk HB User

Hi BB, can't answer your question but I'd like to know where you found the Thomas recipe. Also, there is much to be said about the healing and soothing effects that practicing certain T'ai Chi movements. Too many books and forms to mention, there's one called "Qigong(chikung) and T'ai Chi for Idiots", not to imply anything, but you'll find a lot of helpful stuff in it, if you go that route. JB

Closed Thread