It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
(female)

Tulip21 HB UserTulip21 HB User
For Mommaoftwins on taper

Can you give us a breakdown of your taper? Did you go from Heavy Drinking over the weekend to 3 or 4 glasses the next day, then two, then one yesterday? Or did you jump from heavy to just one the first day? How are you sleeping? Any shakiness, or vomiting? Are you nauseous at all?

Old 05-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mommaoftwinsplus1 HB Usermommaoftwinsplus1 HB User
Re: For Mommaoftwins on taper

Tulip...I was drinking heavy everyday...not only wine, but whiskey as well. I would wake up feeling awful...somedays with the shakes, vomitting..etc. Since I have cut WAY WAY back I feel so much better. I am down to 2 glasses of wine right now...just sip on it. I don't get the shakes or any other symptoms. Eventually I will go down to one glass. I figure if I can go with one glass a day, that's pretty darn good!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #3
(female)

This sounds like a smart plan. Good for you and keep it up!

Old 05-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
(male)

KennyD1 HB UserKennyD1 HB User

Good job mommaoftwinsplus1 !!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to KennyD1 For This Useful Post:
mommaoftwinsplus1 (05-04-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #5
(female)

Is your goal still to stop drinking for good? I've been reading about your elevated liver enzymes. I was interested because mine are mildly elevated as well, but not due to alcohol, but due to taking a statin med to lower cholesterol. I haven't had any alcohol in almost 30 years. I had to undergo a sonogram which showed all was healthy.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Tulip...glad your sonogram showed your healthy. I would like to quit, but if I can enjoy a glass or 2 and be done, then fine. My elevated numbers were enough to make me think about my actions...(drinking too much) Thanks for your thoughts!

Old 05-07-2012, 04:50 AM   #7
(female)

It would be wonderful if you could limit yourself to one drink a day. Unfortunately, my hunch is that you have tried to control your drinking before and soon enough it escalates to where you're vomiting and shaky and need to drink to feel normal. It doesn't sound like you've reached your bottom yet and are ready to quit. We are here to help when you are. I do know how very difficult it is when alcohol controls your life.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Two weeks ago you admitted you had a drinking problem and wanted the "poison" out of your life. Now because you've gotten it down to 2 glasses of wine a day, you think your fine and don't need to quit.

The only problem with this theory is that normal people don't HAVE to drink everyday...and you do. If you have to have alcohol everyday or you have some physical symptom of withdrawal, then you have a drinking problem, don't kid yourself, you still need to quit.

Just curious, have you ever asked your kids how they feel about mom and dad being drunk all the time?

Kat

Old 05-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Katlin...I hope your response is out of care and not to be hurtful. I am proud of myself for cutting way back...I am taking it one day at a time.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaoftwinsplus1 View Post
Katlin...I hope your response is out of care and not to be hurtful. I am proud of myself for cutting way back...I am taking it one day at a time.
I've been on these boards for many years, I don't do things to be hurtful. But I don't sugarcoat things either, especially on this board. It's way too easy to avoid treating a problem by thinking that you don't really have one.

My response is out of care, part of the care is for your children. You've said that you and your husband drink whiskey throughout the weekend, and spend alot of time drunk and hungover, when I asked if you'd ever asked your kids how they feel about it, I was dead serious.

You do have a drinking problem, and your avoiding it...because the alternative is scary as hell and messy and painful, and if you want to do that, that's fine, but don't kid yourself, it doesn't just go away because you've gotten it down to 2 glasses of wine a day.

Kat

Old 05-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Thanks for your thoughts Katlin...here for encouragement...must be in the wrong place. oh, and btw my kids are tucked safely in their beds~Oh I better get some rest...I am a volunteer at the school tomorrow~

Old 05-07-2012, 11:26 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Good for you, volunteering is a great way to give back!

Kat

Closed Thread