It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User
I need some help here please

I am addicted to hydros. My dr prescribes me 150 pills a month. They last 2 weeks. I got my script filled about a week ago and want off these things. How do I taper?

Old 05-26-2012, 12:22 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: I need some help here please

Hi, welcome to the Boards.

So you've roughly got around 75 hydro's left? Depending on how many your on a day now and what mgs they are that is what you base your taper.

Say your taking 10 a day which would be about 2 weeks, generally you'd start reducing them by say 2 a day for a week, then cut back 2 the next week and so on, each 7 days drop your daily intake by 2 pills. I'm not sure if you plan on getting more from your Dr. or if your going to use what you've got and that's it.

We can talk more specifically where you asked me the other question.

There are also some basic things you can do for the withdrawal symptoms and such when you get down to the end of your taper. I look forward to talking with you.

Take care,

Kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2012, 03:05 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Tysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB User
Re: I need some help here please

hello tomswife and welcome. i personally dont have the wlll power it takes to taper so i cant help you there, however, at the top of the page there is a thread titled "suggestions for tapering". ive read it and it doesnt really tell you how to taper but has a ton of useful info on what you are going to need when you do. the goal with tapering is to make the withdrawal as minimal as possibe. that thread tells you what you need to help though the withdrawals. from reading your post, it sounds like your going to need one more refill to use for tapering. (nless i read it wrong) because half of them are gone already right? maybe you could give us a little more detail so we are better able to give you specifics. like i said before, i cant taper, i know how to, i just cant do it without someone holding the pills for me. good luck to you and please post and give us a little more info, the peole on here will definately help you~!

Closed Thread