It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

icehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB User
6 months of being a free man

gota keep this short and sweet, but wanted to say first wow, i cant believe it. i should be proud of myself and iam. secondly, if your struggling i still know how it feels but everyone was right, its way worth it. keep tryin dont give up. i battled for so long, but knew i didnt deserve to live that way anymore. no longer a slave, theres so many things i DONT miss about opiates. i rarely think about them at all. life gets better, youll find real happyness again and be out of the opiate merry go round. well as you know it ant very merry and all ya do is go round n round, well so does time and your life. jump off that thing while you can. again, i know its tuff believe me when i say i know what its like, and i dont ever want to forget. today is special for me. it feels better than my birthday

take care,
ice

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: icehouse3z
Phoenix (06-07-2012), sjb (06-07-2012), Wendy88 (06-19-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: 6 months of being a free man

Hi I am glad. I hope people stay clean for life!

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
icehouse3z (06-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Tysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB User

YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY! so glad to hear it!!!!!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tysmom1 For This Useful Post:
icehouse3z (06-07-2012), sjb (06-07-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

icehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB Usericehouse3z HB User

thanks guys and gals! today is a special day for me, ive had an extra sense of pride all day. we've all had our trials in life, but this i gota say is the hardest thing to conquer. for so long i was wondering if id ever be 30 days clean, just could never break that 2 week point. but after awhile you just start living life again. not just existing but feeling it and being apart of it. of course theres still the crappy days, but those days still arrived on opiates, just made things more miserable. theres hope, keep on truckin. just got off work, got some coffee goin, gona relax and watch the game tonite!

blessings,
ice

Old 06-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Hello ice,

You put in the hard work and are now reaping some of the rewards.
Good for you!

May more blessings come your way.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 06-08-2012 at 11:47 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
icehouse3z (06-09-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

hey everyone, just wanted to say hello. i looked at the calander and forgot yesterday was 7 months free, to all that have no hope, im proof it can be done. gota get goin got stuff to do, duno where this weekends goin!

take care
ice

The following user gives a hug of support to icehouse3z:
sjb (07-08-2012)
Old 07-09-2012, 05:10 AM   #7
(male)

bolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB User

Congrats!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to bolter For This Useful Post:
icehouse3z (07-09-2012)
Old 07-09-2012, 06:09 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

I agree!

Last edited by sjb; 07-09-2012 at 06:10 AM. Reason: smiley punctuation

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
icehouse3z (07-09-2012)
Old 07-13-2012, 10:55 PM   #9
Veteran
(male)

thanks guys and gals. while i was using i would always how people would say the grass is greener on the other side. well, it is. i just got to the point to where i was so sick of merely existing and not living. you have it in you. its not easy, and if anybody can relate i sure can, and so can others who have helped me kick this to the curb. im happy to actually be me again

ice

The following user gives a hug of support to icehouse3z:
Phoenix (07-14-2012)
Old 07-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #10
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehouse3z View Post
people would say the grass is greener on the other side. well, it is.
Hello ice

Yes,the grass sure is greener on the other side.
Now if I could only find that darn lawnmower to trim it a bit

Through your recovery,there are going to be proverbial tools for you to pick up and utilize.
You'll know what they are and where thery're located when the time is right.

Keep up the good work

Sincerely
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 07-15-2012 at 05:44 AM. Reason: additional wording

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
icehouse3z (07-14-2012)
Old 08-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #11
(male)

mrdrumtime HB User
Smile Re: 6 months of being a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehouse3z View Post
gota keep this short and sweet, but wanted to say first wow, i cant believe it. i should be proud of myself and iam. secondly, if your struggling i still know how it feels but everyone was right, its way worth it. keep tryin dont give up. i battled for so long, but knew i didnt deserve to live that way anymore. no longer a slave, theres so many things i DONT miss about opiates. i rarely think about them at all. life gets better, youll find real happyness again and be out of the opiate merry go round. well as you know it ant very merry and all ya do is go round n round, well so does time and your life. jump off that thing while you can. again, i know its tuff believe me when i say i know what its like, and i dont ever want to forget. today is special for me. it feels better than my birthday

take care,
ice
congratulations!!! great to hear that... my fiancee is off of them too now she is one month clean and im so proud of her

Old 08-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #12
Veteran
(male)

give her a high five its quite a feat. ive battled cancer, beat it, lost my leg to it but won my life but nearly lost it to those stupid little pills. it was a fight for my life and now i have it back, best wishes!

Old 08-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hey Ice

Hello, my amazing friend. :-)

I was just re-reading this thread and a thought came to my mind.... time. I remember thinking as I was coming off the drugs how much time had passed in my life on them. Now so much time has passed since I have become restored. It kind of has just flown by.

Look at you... over 8 months sober and restored already! Time does go by quickly, doesn't it? Too quickly to waste it in a haze of drugs, in a stupor.

I am happy for both of us. :-) Happy we met, happy we are letting the quickly passing time go by productively, happily and honestly engaging in life.

Stay strong and commited always to this restored life we have been blessed with.

hugs
reach

Closed Thread