It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2012, 12:15 AM   #1
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Transformation

Hello fellow members.

As of late,I noticed that my behavior patterns have been changing;for the better,I suppose.

I've been attending church regularly(Sundays) since the beginning of February.
The gospel music channel stays on 24/7 in my household and I can't seem to get enough of it.

These are but a few examples.

I can't exactly wrap my head around it but something is going on inside of me.

Whatever it is,i'm prepared to ride this out,until the destination is met or realized. I've been fighting(metaphorically) for so long that the thought of surrendering(truly surrendering) never crossed my mind(as a viable means of reducing my emotional baggage).

Until now,that is.

Has anyone else experienced anything remotely similar to this?

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Administrator; 11-29-2012 at 11:30 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Phoenix:
Wendy88 (06-19-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2012, 02:22 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Transformation

Sounds like God is working in your life my friend, and he is trying to take control of the steering wheel.

All you have to do is let him.....a leap of faith.

...when your life is beginning to turn bad, when things arent going your way, when all around you begins to fade, Gods plan for you becomes bigger and better than before. Let God live, and share through you.

Take care,

Kat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2012, 04:40 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlin09 View Post
Sounds like God is working in your life my friend, and he is trying to take control of the steering wheel.

All you have to do is let him.....a leap of faith.

...when your life is beginning to turn bad, when things arent going your way, when all around you begins to fade, Gods plan for you becomes bigger and better than before. Let God live, and share through you.

Take care,

Kat
Thanks Kat

I suppose it's time to let Him do the steering and trust that He will see me through things.

Of course,as the saying goes, He helps those who help themselves.

I believe He helped me through my drug addiction;just don't want to appear too needy.

I'll get there though;slowly but surely (have to try and stay optimistic).

With hope
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 06-13-2012 at 04:58 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
Pacifier (08-26-2012)
Old 06-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi Phoenix

A transformation.... I understand that completely as I experienced the same. As I worked my way out of the mess I was, so much learning came my way. It was a changing in my life. A much greater gentleness, serenity and spirituality was just infused in me.

The drug use was just a symptom of what was wrong with me. Withdrawal was a physical change... it is as we strive for true recovery that we begin to find ourselves beings that are being retored to a place of acceptance of ourselves and others. It is when the thinking changes and the peacefulness comes. There are many situations in my life that remain the same... the change in me is that I don't react to them the same anymore. I have become better able to use more discerning judgement about how I react to them. Harshness and anger is gone.

I think you are coming to a better place, Phoenix. I think Kat is correct.. God is working in you. There are things in our life that are bigger than us and we need to hand them over (surrender them) to God.

I am very happy for you. Allow the transformation you are sensing come to full fruit. Move with it, accept it as yours and claim it. I think that is my greatest wish for all on this board... that the transformation takes place and life on a more peaceful and satisfying and happy plane comes to be.

Hugs and God Bless you always
reach

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: reachout
katlin09 (06-13-2012), Phoenix (06-13-2012)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reachout For This Useful Post:
katlin09 (06-13-2012), Phoenix (06-13-2012)
Old 06-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reachout View Post
I think you are coming to a better place, Phoenix. I think Kat is correct.. God is working in you. There are things in our life that are bigger than us and we need to hand them over (surrender them) to God.
Thanks reach

I'm a bit nervous about this;it's a new feeling and I seem to be in a questioning state of mind.

Respectfully stated
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 06-21-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Closed Thread