It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
(male)

tnturkey HB User
new here from tn and love lortabs

hi everyone thanks for this site
i have arthritis in my neck and shoulder and i work in the turf industry so i use my neck shoulder arms and legs more than most folks i walk on average 8-14 miles a day (no joke) when i first started to have problems about 3 -4yrs ago i went to the doctor he gave me hydros with 1 refill that would last me 4-6 weeks then i'd wait another month before going back but then spring before last i was on the turkeys hot and heavy i tagged out and called in 9 others for friends but the pain in my neck was really killing me so i just kept asking for refills every month and thats how it's been ever since i know i can get through the mental part i once had a heck of cocaine habit and quit cold turkey, but dang these pain killers are really hard on me. If my job didnt require me to drive all day i could likely do it but drving while goin through withdrawls is not very smart aleast for me i consider myself to be very strong and hard working always have been but if im out of painkillers it's just about impossible for me to think or even walk straight. I also have very close life long friends that take them also and i cant bear the thought of not having them in my life.
Sorry about the extra long post and my lack of knoledge of typing skills

Last edited by mod85; 06-20-2012 at 09:26 PM.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: tnturkey
Phoenix (06-21-2012), Tysmom1 (06-20-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2012, 04:21 AM   #2
(male)

bolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB User
Re: new here from tn and love lortabs

Hi Tn, Welcome. Sorry to hear you been feeling so lousy. I was wondering how many tabs have you been taking daily? There are other options for pain relief but I,m no expert on that. Other people on here know a lot more than me about this. There are differant ways to get clean from the opiates "tapering,suboxone,detox". I choose the suboxone route but it might not be for you or even nessesary. This is all I got right now which isn,t much. Hang in there. Oh ya, I know about turf industry in tn. and all the walking thats involved trying to grow Bermuda.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2012, 05:22 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Tysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB User

Hi tnturkey! Welcome to the boards! I was wondering if you could let us know how much you take and how often. Is there any way that you could start to taper your dose, a little at a time. I know the pain factor makes it tough to go without them all together. If you were able to taper down your dose, then you don't have to worry about all the withdrawals keeping you from being able to work. Like Bolter said, there is also suboxone. That is what I take and it works on my pain too. It truly has saved my life from the Lorcets I was taking. We all tend to start off the same way... Using them for legitimate pain, and then it's off to the races! Suboxone may not be an option for you though. Could you let us know how you are doing also? Hang in there. If you do decide to take a few days off and go cold turkey, there are a few sticky's at the top of this page that will help you get thru the wd's!

Keep us updated!

Old 06-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #4
(male)

tnturkey HB User

hey guys i guess i take between 5-7 a day im not sure bout the other meds and stuff dont want to say anything to the doctor for fear of him not writing anymore for me at all
thanks for the concern
bolter we have a lot of trouble with fescue and brown patch, burmuda does really well

Last edited by mod85; 06-21-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:12 AM   #5
(male)

bolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB User

Hey TN, You should be able to set yourself up a taper schedule and ease down slowly. It shouldn,t be too bad if you taper slowly. I tapered off the subs but never had much luck with the pain pills. If I had them I,d end up eating them all. But thats me. Yes the hot weathers great for the burmuda. I guess what I meant to say is that I,m sick of walking across it to fix irrigation or whatever ha ha. I,m getting lazy in my old age. If you need some suggestions on how much to taper or what to expect just ask. I,m not the one to ask for obvious reasons but other people here have done it sucsesfully and will have some good ideas. Sorry about spelling errors.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Tysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB User

I could be completely wrong here, but the amount of pills that you are taking, doesn't even exceed the recommended daily dosage. (I know that part is right) But maybe you need to talk to your doctor and explain your fear of having to take more, because you aren't getting adequate relief. They do have long acting pain medications so that you can dose less often. Just a thought.

If you are just being honest with us and yourself and you already know that you will end up addicted and abusing these meds, I apologize for suggesting that you get something stronger. Your post wasn't very long or detailed so I am not sure if you feel dependent on these pills for pain relief, or just flat out addicted. It sounded to me, like you have a lot of pain, especially in your line of work.

Just my thoughts....

Closed Thread