It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2012, 06:37 AM   #1
(male)

Panic attacks HB User
Lorzepram and Clonazepam

Ok
I had my first panic atack 11 june and the doctor gave me lorzepram 1 MG over the course of 10 days I only took six pills. Then I read how bad they are for you and he gave me Clonazepam 0.5 mg I took one and then the next day cut one in half and took it.

I have read these are also bad I do not like being sedated, could I possibly be addicted ?

What can I expect if I just stop ? I tried to go two days without lorzapram and freaked out. Some sane advice please. I am 48 in good shape and work out every day.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:55 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User
Re: Lorzepram and Clonazepam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panic attacks View Post
Ok
I had my first panic atack 11 june and the doctor gave me lorzepram 1 MG over the course of 10 days I only took six pills. Then I read how bad they are for you and he gave me Clonazepam 0.5 mg I took one and then the next day cut one in half and took it.

I have read these are also bad I do not like being sedated, could I possibly be addicted ?

What can I expect if I just stop ? I tried to go two days without lorzapram and freaked out. Some sane advice please. I am 48 in good shape and work out every day.
First off, did the Dr. discuss with you what is causing the Panic attacks or did he just shove pills at you? If not, I'd go see another Dr. and hopefully the Dr. is a psychiatrist because M.D.'s do not know enough about these kinds of meds to be RXing them.

6mgs of Lorazapam over the course of 10 days is not enough for you to become addicted or even chemically dependent. 1 and 1/2 mgs. of Klonopin is not enough to addict you or make you chemically dependent.

You freaked out because your having some anxiety and panic issues, which is why you went to the Dr. in the first place and why he prescribed the medication. To fix the problem you need to find a good Psychiatrist and get to the root of the problem. Yes if the anxiety and panic attacks continue you probably will have to take some form of medication. Klonopin (clonozapam) is the least dangerous of the benzo's. There is also Valium (diazepam) it is relatively mild and less addicting than Lorazapam or Klonopin.

If you'd like to stay away from the addicting Benzo's the following herbal supplements have been proven to work on Anxiety and Panic Attacks:

Herbals: Valerian, Kava, Skullcap, Passion Flower, Lemon Balm, Gotu Culo, Chamomile, Hops and Suma.

Supplements: Magnesium, Melatonin, 5-HTP, Selenium, amino acids, and essential fatty acids.

Hope this is of some help to you. If you go the herbal/mineral route Valerian and Melatonin should be taken at night as they will make you sleepy.

Take care,

Kat

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katlin09 For This Useful Post:
bolter (06-23-2012), mrdrumtime (08-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
(male)

Panic attacks HB User

Katlin 09

Thank you so much and yes I am seeing a phsycologist, however the two dont communicate. SO I am going to take nothing as the panic attacks are subsiding, matter of fact I want another to show up so I can woop its ***.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

You go boy!

Kat

Closed Thread