It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
(female)

daybyday553 HB User
New to Suboxone/have question

I have just started taking suboxone about 2weeks now, and My gyno. prescribed me lexapro, for my depression, does anyone know if it will affect my drug test, if I take it? the pharmistist said it isnt a narcotic but, my insurance said it was, and isnt wanting to pay for my subs and I cant afford to do this program without help atleast for the med. just the doc. visit cost 150 a month, my hubby says this program is nothing more than a legal paid drug house, but, HE has never had an addiction and doesnt understand how I feel, the subs just make me feel normal, the way I use to feel before drug use>>> I wish I could do it cold turkey but, I am NOT strong enough and dont have enogh positive support...does anyone understand me???

Old 06-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Tysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB User
Re: Suboxone side effects??

Quote:
Originally Posted by daybyday553 View Post
I have just started taking suboxone about 2weeks now, and My gyno. prescribed me lexapro, for my depression, does anyone know if it will affect my drug test, if I take it? the pharmistist said it isnt a narcotic but, my insurance said it was, and isnt wanting to pay for my subs and I cant afford to do this program without help atleast for the med. just the doc. visit cost 150 a month, my hubby says this program is nothing more than a legal paid drug house, but, HE has never had an addiction and doesnt understand how I feel, the subs just make me feel normal, the way I use to feel before drug use>>> I wish I could do it cold turkey but, I am NOT strong enough and dont have enogh positive support...does anyone understand me???
Hello daybyday553 and welcome! I completely understand you!!!! I could not do it cold turkey either. I also did not have the willpower. And tapering is out of the question because I could never control my use. You've come to the right place.

Are you asking if the suboxone will show on a drug screen or the lexapro? I have heard other people who are on suboxone, say that they have had drug test come back positive for opiates. I, too, am on suboxone and have taken 4 drug screens and they have all come back clean. The lexapro is an anti depressant and should not show up on any run of the mill drug screen as it is not a narcotic, controlled substance, or illegal drug.

I am so sorry to hear that your insurance is giving you a hard time. I don't know anything about how YOUR insurance works so I can't help you with that. All I can say is that I was under the impression that if you have insurance, the doctor accepts it, and he is in network, or you were referred to him, then they are required to pay. They can't just not pay because they don't like what medicine you are taking.

As far as your husband goes, there is a ton of information on the internet about suboxone. A lot of people feel the same way your husband does because they don't understand. For me, suboxone has changed my life. I no longer have cravings, I am more reliable, dependable, and I am a great mother to my son. And he deserves to have a great mother. I wish you all the luck in the world. Give it some time to level out in your system. How are you feeling on it?

Last edited by Administrator; 07-01-2012 at 08:13 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tysmom1 For This Useful Post:
fellinfroggy216 (07-19-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
(female)

daybyday553 HB User
Re: Suboxone side effects??

kelly, I am feeling NORMAL again, Not wanting to go buy something to feel better, I am still ddepressed, but, I just started taking the lexapro, so I hope it will help that part...and my insurance doesnt pay for the dr. visit and denied the medicene as well, saying once I have been on subs for a month and pass drug test I can resubmit to try to get meds. covered? but IF they deny again I will have to stop the subs, Because the dr. visit is 150bucks and without insurance help the meds cost 250. a month...and I am not working so IT is tough, so my dad and husband helped me get started but cant continue to pay out that much money so I dont know? I need a job and am looking everyday,...I am glad to know i am not alone and have someone to talk to who understands me...thank you for helping, and I was asking if the lexapro would show on a drug test, so you answered my question, i have been told it was a narcotic but, the pharm. said it wasn't.....i am suppose to go for a job interview and they req. a drug test, and I am unsure IF i should say I am taking subs or just keep my mouth shut, i am scared they will look down on me and i wont get the job? so would you be honest up front or just wait and see????the dr. said subs didnt show up on most drug test given by employers but i need this job sooo badly....what do U think???? thaank you again for your encouragement I need all the positive support I can get...I get tooo much negative here, and it only makes me sink deeper in my hole.... but I have a 15 yo and I am trying my best to hold on and pull my self out,FOR MY SON.....,,I guess it just takes TIME......

Old 06-30-2012, 05:23 AM   #4
(male)

bolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB User
Re: New to Suboxone/have question

Hi Day by Day, When I was on subs I asked my dr. if it would show up on drug tests. He said they would have to be testing for suboxone and that most places use a 5panel test for the general abused drugs and suboxone was not included in this. On the other hand I,ve questioned several things this dr. had told me in the past. It was kind of obvious he was new to the suboxone thing. I hope your insurance will eventually pick up the bill for suboxone. Mine did but would not pay for dr. visits. I can honestly say that in a way I think suboxone helped save my life. It was a major factor in helping me get clean from the nightmare I was living daily with the pills. I,ve been off the subs for allmost a month now and feel pretty good. Still have cravings but I,m dealing with them and plan to stay clean. I wouldn,t tell possible employers about sub treatment just because personally I don,t think its any of there business but thats entirely up to you. Hang in there, you,ve taken big step in right direction.

The Following User Says Thank You to bolter For This Useful Post:
Tysmom1 (06-30-2012)
Old 06-30-2012, 06:47 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Tysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB User
Re: New to Suboxone/have question

Hello daybyday! You are welcome for responding, but there is no need to thank me. I, too need support and that's what we are all here for!

My doctor that prescribes my suboxone told me that suboxone will not show up on a drug screen unless it is specifically tested for. I have not had a drug screen come up for opiates or any other drug since I've been on it. As far as telling your potential employers about being on suboxone, I personally wouldn't but that is your call. My reasons would be that some people just do not understand addiction. They don't understand that suboxone is being used to treat an addiction. They automatically think "junkie" when they hear the word suboxone. This is partly because they are ignorant, and partially because of fear in my opinion. When I say ignorant, I don't mean stupid. I mean they have a lack of information about this drug and just how helpful it can be, in assisting an opiate addict. And I personally think that fear stems from a lack of information. People tend to fear what they don't understand. Sort of like your husband, and one member of my family. This member educated herself and is my number one ally(sp) now! So there is power in knowledge.

I, too, feel good on suboxone. I am back to my old happy self! I have tons of energy, (tho it made me tired for the first week.) I am excited about everything! I love the way it has enabled me to have the courage to deal with the underlying causes that I use. Turns out it was only one, but it was a painful thing to go through and I always tried to numb the pain. Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing about my life. I have friends that I love to be around, that enjoy being around me. I have never associated with people who use, it was something I did alone. So, I never had to worry about changing that. I really am grateful for what I have in my life. You, too, will get there. It does take time, and hopefully your husband will come around, and start supporting you. Have you tried talking to him about what kind of suport you need from him? And if so, how did it go? I'm here for you and I'm pulling for you! You can do this!!!! I mean that.

Keep posting if you need to, that's what we are here for. Even if it's just to vent. It's better than feeling like you are alone in this, because you most certainly are not!!

Closed Thread