It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2012, 06:40 AM   #1
(female)

pandora1327 HB User
Question benzo question.

Sorry its a long story, I'll try to just write the pertinent info. Heroin addiction led to 3.5 years of methadone maintence. Went to a detox center and got septic around the 7th day, the nurses kept saying it was withdrawls, but I finally had to track down the PA and had him put me on a scale, which showed 13 lbs. lost in 5 days. ER said it was a UTI. Needless to say I left the treatment center for physical and mental reasons(I felt like I was getting pushed backwards to before I got on methadone, which while I was on I completed 3 associate degree). So between the 4 days I left the treatment center and had an appt w a suboxone doctor, I started taking my klonopin again. I was on it for about a year for panic disorder which that diagnosis has now changed to PTSD. My suboxone doctor has a zero tolerance policy for benzos and I'm worried since I had only been off for 14 days and then starting taking them again I probably didn't detox off them and am worried that I'll start having withdraw from the klonopin if I stop taking them without a taper. I really want to talk to my doc about it, have an appt tomorrow, but I don't want to hurt my chances staying under his care. Any advice or personal experience with a situation similar? I'm all out of answers and perhaps my head is a little screwy as this is only my 4th day on suboxone. Oh one more thing, what is the best way to dissolve the strips? I feel like I'm drowning in my own saliva bc they say subs don't dissolve into the stomach? Any insight would be much appreciated.

The following user gives a hug of support to pandora1327:
bolter (07-03-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

lake county HB Userlake county HB Userlake county HB User
Re: benzo question.

Use mouthwash before hand. Unfortunately they are only active sublingually and bucally<--sp so you do need to drown your self in saliva to get the best effects. The mouthwash will rinse away the micro nastys so it will be that much clearer. Just remember it's close to 0% active in the stomach. Good luck with the klonipin. Honesty is the best policy.

The Following User Says Thank You to lake county For This Useful Post:
pandora1327 (07-01-2012)
Old 07-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
(female)

pandora1327 HB User

Thanks for the mouthwash advice. I definitely know honesty is the best policy but I have to get a psych clearance for a drug therapy treatment the day after tomorrow, so as much I know my addition should be most important, I have to put my other health situation priority one. I need to go into the psych w a clear plan which the doc I'm currently w provides. I just don't want to lose clearance bc I'm not completely detoxed off benzos or get kicked out of the sub program for being honest the day before I go to get cleared.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Tysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB UserTysmom1 HB User

Hi Pandora and welcome to the forum! I think you will find a lot of support here. Lake county gave you really great advice on the best way to dissolve the strips. I, too, use mouthwash first.

As far as the benzos go, I think the best way to go about it is to be 100% honest with your doctor. Maybe you could suggest signing a release so that he has acess to your records with the doctor prescribing you the Klonopin. Perhaps that would put his mind at ease. I would only do that though, if you are entirely comfortable with him knowing everything that could possibly be written in your chart. My doctor does not have a zero tolerance policy, but he does have a very restricted policy on it. In other words, he would make an exception in a case such as yours. I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time with the PTSD. I completely understand that as well. I didn't log on to the website at all yesterday because i was out of town. Otherwise I would have seen this post sooner! I really hope that your appointment goes well today. Please let us know how it went!

Closed Thread

Tags
addiction, klonopin withdrawal, suboxone