It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
(male)

myriadharbour HB User
Exclamation Addicted and In Need of a Game Plan

Hi I'm new to the boards and I'd really like some advice/support. I smoke weed, cigarettes, drink energy drinks, coffee, soda, moderate amount of alcohol, my living style is so cluttered, and I don't excercise or meditate yet I wonder why I have depression/anxiety/mental issues. I weigh 175, 6ft tall, shoulder length brown hair parted down the middle, and am considered generally attractive to others (i have internal conflicts w myself) I want to get better or be better and stop the addictions, but every time I come up with a plan I fail every time due to laziness and being overwhelmed . I want a new game plan, and STICK WITH IT. I want to be a healthier socially active person. This is why I joined healthboards.com. Can I get some advice, or some support?

I also took mushrooms last year and had a drug-induced psychosis which lasted a long time. I had delusions of granduer, extreme paranoia, thought-broadcasting, ect. from the psychosis. I'm fully recovered from the experience.

I understand my problems are nothing compared to others, but I've been suffering from depression/anxiety for as long as I can remember. I'd really like to get out of this pattern and start a new healthier life.

Thank you for your time to read this.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: myriadharbour
bolter (07-10-2012), Phoenix (07-10-2012)
Old 07-10-2012, 04:00 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Addicted and In Need of a Game Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriadharbour View Post
(i have internal conflicts w myself) I want to get better or be better and stop the addictions, but every time I come up with a plan I fail every time due to laziness and being overwhelmed . I want a new game plan, and STICK WITH IT. I want to be a healthier socially active person. This is why I joined healthboards.com. Can I get some advice, or some support?

I understand my problems are nothing compared to others, but I've been suffering from depression/anxiety for as long as I can remember. I'd really like to get out of this pattern and start a new healthier life.
Hello myriadharbour and welcome

Let's start with this:what efforts have you previously taken to get clean and/or sober?

In order to begin a new game plan,it would be most helpful to view the previous metaphorical playbook.

Please don't compare you disorders with others,as many members have different tolerance levels for substances,etc.
Believe you me,we have all earned the privilege of becoming a member here.

The common bond we have is addiction,coupled with the sincere desire to stop and wanting to remain that way.

Please continue to post,as we would be more than willing to respond to whatever's on your mind.

Sincere Respect
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 07-15-2012 at 04:51 AM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
myriadharbour (07-11-2012), Pacifier (08-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #3
(male)

shane474 HB User

Hey man see, you drink, smoke, energy drink, coffee , soda and lots of alcoholic things. No doubt these kind of things bad effect on our health. I think access of anything is addiction.
I think you should change your mind in some another work. which could be entertaining and must be not bad for your health..

Old 07-11-2012, 04:57 AM   #4
(male)

myriadharbour HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Hello myriadharbour and welcome

Let's start with this:what efforts have you previously taken to get clean and/or sober?

In order to begin a new game plan,it would be most helpful to view the previous metaphorical playbook.

Please don't compare you disorders with others,as many members have different tolerance levels for not only substances.
Believe you me,we have all earned the privilege of becoming a member here.

The common bond we have is addiction,coupled with the sincere desire to stop and wanting to remain that way.

Please continue to post,as we would be more than willing to respond to whatever's on your mind.

Sincere Respect
Phoenix
Thank you so much Phoenix. What I'm about to say is very embarrassing even said annoynmously, but I feel like I need to tell you my story and maybe you can give me advice or a plan.

I took mushrooms, thought I was Jesus, messaged my boss on FB something ridiculously insane and quit, was jobless for a year, I proposed to my girlfriend-at-the-time, thought my fiance was out to get me, I socially withdrew from everyone except for one close friend, got on FB and ranted about religion and spirituality, and broke up with my fiance, and other pointless stuff happened. Then I thought my life was messed up beyond repair so I felt the need to change my life.

I quit smoking, and drinking and instead started to take a singing course online, exercised, ate fruits, took special anti-oxidents drinks, joined Jamplay, Lumocity, meditated, yoga, and did chores. None of those things helped at the time. I quit all of these good habits because it was making me feel very depressed that I did all of these things and I wasn't feeling better about myself I was in a deep dark depression, more social withdrawl, and feeling really ****** about life. I gave an effort, and I failed. I felt and still feel like I'm handicapped or like I'm stuck in a metaphorical mental wheel chair trying to make myself think again; feel happy like how I used to be. Have I completely ruined my life? Is there no hope for me? I still have hope that this is all a phase and that I'll see a brighter future someday.)

Anyways... now I've regretfully signed a 1 year lease with two trustworthy friends, I have a full time job as a manager, I have a girl friend, and I have friends who hit me up to go hang out with them. I just have a big problem with going through social events due to the anxiety that I need to overcome.

Even though I'm paying rent 250$ a month for rent 80% of the time I'm living at my parents house. There are plenty of reasons why I'm staying with my parents but I feel the main reason is social anxiety. That and my parents have the internet and is closer to my girl's house. And of course I love my family.

I figured if I can maybe use social anxiety to help me over come my bad habits again since I do have more time to myself than others that maybe I can start developing good habits again and stick with it this time and maybe over come the social anxiety hurdles and join some church groups or get into college and get serious about school and life. Because I NEED to be succesful.

OT:
After posting this I kind of realized that this thread probably belongs in an another location. Mods feel free to move it where-ever is needed. And I'm sorry if this came about disorganized or cluttered.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Hello myriadharbour

We've all been through our embarrassing phases while using.
That disabling feeling is normal and i'm glad that you stated wanting more out of life.
Of course there's still hope for you and don't let anyone tell you different.If you don't make mistakes,how can you truly learn from life?

Hmmm...that money you pay for rent for only being there 20% of the time....is that your "escape place" where you used to use? Were these people you got high around?

Your basic NEED to be successful is inspiring but you have to stay focused.

Realize there are also the anonymous groups you can join.
You have a lot of options but you need to stay away from people,places and things that you associate with using.

Church and college are excellent starting points but once again you need to be in an environment that is conducive to positivity.

Disorganized and cluttered is to be expected at first.
That can be worked upon.

Social anxiety may be something that can be worked out through therapy,if you're not opposed to it.

Keep on posting;the more you get out the less of a burden you'll have to carry alone.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 07-15-2012 at 04:55 AM. Reason: word change/addition

Closed Thread