It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
(female)

saharadark HB User
Help with Withdrawal

How long does withdrawal from Lortab last? It has bee 25 days and I am still getting sweats and chills and sneezing and coughing and I have absolutely no energy or motivation to do anything at all. How long does this last? Am I going to have no energy for months to come?

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: saharadark
Phoenix (07-18-2012), stanleyatl (07-27-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Help with Withdrawal

Hello saharadark

You can try a combination of ginger and peppermint.
Also Imodium for obvious reasons.

Don't do anything,without first running it past your primary care physician.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

lake county HB Userlake county HB Userlake county HB User

25 days? You should be at the dooorstep of the feel better house. People will tell you many diff. Things, but as long as you eat. Stay hydrated and keep a certain amount of excersise, you should be fine as long as you don't relapse and have to start the whole process over again. Best wishes.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
(male)

mark321 HB User

I was on loratabs for 4 yrs 10/500mg I took myself off in december and it took me about 45 days to not have the urge but I detoxed pretty quick. I do have cronic pain and after speaking with my docotor we tried other meds that did not help with my pain and I did nt want to go back on those or others. I chose to take suboxon twice a day it helps my pain level off to a good rate and I do not feel te need totake a tab or any other pain meds.even though suboxon is mainly treated for detox it helpsa wih pain if you ise it right and do not abuse it. i will say I am proud of you and to ahnh in there it is a tuff battle but you are alomist iut if the cleaer. your sweeting and shacks come fro the opiates that are in tabs that will go away soon I took allot of Ibuprofrin to help me out will t went off and drank allot i mean allot of cranbeery juice and chocolate milk. Good luck and you already know you can break thehabbit.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:20 AM   #5
(male)

stanleyatl HB Userstanleyatl HB User

First off I would like to say congrats on making 25 days that's great. I have detoxed twice before only to injure myself and get sucked back in and now I am in my 7th day of my third detox this time from percocet. The first time I was off for a year before I blew my knee out and had to have surgery. The second time it was my rotator cuff and I had to have surgery. Anyway some of the things I do is drink ensure to keep my vitamins up because you lose a lot with the frequent bowel movements. I use Tylenol PM to sleep and keep my eyes and nose from running because it has benedryl in it. I keep the immodium around and I stay hydrated. I also try to get as much exercise as possible whether I want to or not. I try to get back back to work as soon as possible this time I went back after 4 days. I find it important for me to make tasks for myself and finish them whether I feel like it or not it just makes me feel better and keeps my brain working. For me the worst thing I can do is just lay in bed even though that is what my brain tells me to do.

Good Luck and God Bless! Stanleyatl

The following user gives a hug of support to stanleyatl:
auntymimi1961 (07-28-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 05:21 AM   #6
(male)

bolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB User

Short walks several times a day should get endophins going. Should give you some energy. Stay hydrated!

Old 07-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #7
(female)

nevaeh1226 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saharadark View Post
How long does withdrawal from Lortab last? It has bee 25 days and I am still getting sweats and chills and sneezing and coughing and I have absolutely no energy or motivation to do anything at all. How long does this last? Am I going to have no energy for months to come?
Hey saharadark!! Has the w/d's been non-stop for the past 25 days?? Just wondering Because I've had PAWS (post acute w/d's) for up to a year. Not for a whole year straight, but every once in a while for a few days at a time. Maybe that might be why your having those symptoms. I hope this helps you!

Old 07-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #8
(female)

auntymimi1961 HB User
Smile Re: Help with Withdrawal

Quote:
Originally Posted by saharadark View Post
hello, this may sound funny but have you tried methadone for your withdrawls? it is also used as a pain medication for cancer patient's as well. and i'm assuming you are going to a doctor, because i am worried that you need a little extra help? best of luck honey.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
(male)

NeckIssueGuy HB UserNeckIssueGuy HB UserNeckIssueGuy HB UserNeckIssueGuy HB UserNeckIssueGuy HB User

ya like everyone says eat good and drink plenty, you will make it just fine as the worst is the first few or five days people say, as I took Hydro for years and never had any withdrawal, but some folks are different as with you,I would definitely have a problem for a lil while if the Morphine,Oxycontin and Percocet was jerked out from under me now though for sure.
I would tell you not to even think about Methadone or suboxen well subs are good if you can't stop yourself from the opiates as you wouldn't get anything out of them taking it. and they both could take months to get titrated off of.
Your Doc wouldn't jump from Hydro to methadone or subs for maintenance anyhow, since the major part of withdrawals is over and Hydro is the LIL starter meds as they put it.
You just gotta tuff it out and you'll make it, be strong and maybe take some vitamins and eat some fruit for sure, well good luck to you and best wishes

Closed Thread