It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
(male)

Unbalanced123 HB User
Taking opiates while on suboxone

This is my first post so I'm not sure I'm doing this correctly. My question is I've been using opiates while on suboxone. I know if taken to soon you will be sick and luckily this has never happened to me. And I also know you won't feel the full effects until you wait a certain period of time. My question is this: I basically wake up and take about 1 mg of suboxone and then use small doses of oxy condone to take away that crappy feeling since I normally do this at work. Rehab isn't an option so I'm basically wondering when I stop taking the oxy and start the suboxone full time will I still have withdrawal symptoms from the opiate? Like I said I take a small amount of the suboxone and sometimes skip days. Am I just prolonging the opiate withdrawal or will the suboxone do it's thing and keep me withdrawal free?

Old 07-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
(male)

seeaya123 HB User
Re: Taking opiates while on suboxone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbalanced123 View Post
This is my first post so I'm not sure I'm doing this correctly. My question is I've been using opiates while on suboxone. I know if taken to soon you will be sick and luckily this has never happened to me. And I also know you won't feel the full effects until you wait a certain period of time. My question is this: I basically wake up and take about 1 mg of suboxone and then use small doses of oxy condone to take away that crappy feeling since I normally do this at work. Rehab isn't an option so I'm basically wondering when I stop taking the oxy and start the suboxone full time will I still have withdrawal symptoms from the opiate? Like I said I take a small amount of the suboxone and sometimes skip days. Am I just prolonging the opiate withdrawal or will the suboxone do it's thing and keep me withdrawal free?
Please talk with your doctor ASAP! If your take any type of opiates while on Suboxone the worst thing that can happen is that you will die! If you are not feeling well or having cravings you need a adjustment to your dose, missing or not taking your regular dose of Suboxone will make you feel bad as your body still wants opiates, I have been there done that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbalanced123 View Post
Hello unbalanc**123

I have to agree with see on this.

You're playing a game with your body thats' rules are unknown to you.
Go to your ER,consult your dr....do something responsible....before the choice is taken out of your hands.

Most respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 07-24-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Old 08-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
(male)

678910 HB User

yes like the others you defeating what the sub does ,mabey your md can get up the dose if you want to stay on the sub ,it seeems being so low in dose ,mabey it time to just stop altogether for few day of wd ,my plan after being on sub for 3 years it get to 1 mg of sub ,looking back ,i wish i had just stoped to percs an never got on the sub ,so just stop at the one mg ,anymore will make it harder later 3 years at 8mg not sure you want it ,an god bless you an pray for help to get through you can due it ,go to local Na or AA for help

Old 08-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #5
(female)

momjenn30 HB User

My husband and I are learning about the suboxone and we used to do the same as you MIX THEM.Not a good idea.Our doctor has been teaching us about it and has killed people when you mix with suboxone.You are also not supposed to drink either. suboxone is a blocker from the opiates.it's so you don't go through full withdrawl and so you can get on with your life.please I agree with the others seek help now before it's too late for you!!!.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
(male)

bolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB User

I was wondering if your being prescribed the subs? When I decided to try subs. for oxy abuse the sub dr. told me to wait until I was in full withdrawall before I took the subs. He suggested I wait 16-20hrs before first dose. If you don,t do this you will go into accute wds even worse than what you were going thru before you took the sub. 1mg may not be enough to stop wds. I,m not a dr. How much oxy are you taking daily? I,ve been off the subs now for a couple months and glad of it. The subs were a blessing for me because they gave me a chance to get my head together and get off the oxys. I also realize that subs are not for everyone. I agree with everyone else that mixing the two is very dangerous. Please see a dr. and whatever you decide to do remember your not alone and were here for you.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #7
(male)

bolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB User

Hi 678910, I read your reply to Unbalanced yesterday and replied myself. I got a phone call and didn,t get back online but i noticed you wrote that your planning to jump at 1mg. Thats what I did. I was not on the subs long at all, only 3 months. It surprised me that it was so easy considering how long and how much Roxys i was doing. It may be harder for you seeing how you,ve been on subs for so long. I got lucky finding a good doctor. I,ve read all the horror stories. He came up with a good taper plan and I stuck to it and I can honestly say it was just about as painless as it gets. I,ve been to many sites and read many posts about suboxone wd. I was pretty freaked out. If ya want to know the taper plan doc gave me let me know. It can be done and I,m glad I did it and glad I,m done.

Closed Thread