It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
(male)

XBOX4EVR HB User
Norco withdraw...

I've been on norco since around 2008 was taking Vicodin on and off in 2007 was taking up to 4 a day in 08 and 09 dropped myself down to 2 a day in around 10 and have been on 2 ever since I finally got tired of the dependency on it and I'm willing to deal with my pain with Motrin.

My problem is fatigue, it's been 13 days since I've been off and the fatigue is insane. I'm only 32 but when I wake up in the morning I do good for 4 - 5 hours and I get hit with a blast of fatigue and I can barely move is this part of the withdraw phase. I'm not really to abnormally depressed just depressed about being blasted with fatigue I wasn't taking a insanely high dose of pain meds but is it becAuse of how long I took them is the reason why im still struggling? I'm overall doing great getting plenty of sleep and pain isn't doing to bad its just the fatigue is killing me please for anyone that has gone through this Is this withdraw process and how does it last? In all the years I took it I always took it how prescribed so I've never withdrawn or went without a pill for years.

Last edited by XBOX4EVR; 07-30-2012 at 07:54 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to XBOX4EVR:
Phoenix (07-31-2012)
Old 07-31-2012, 01:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB User
Re: Norco withdraw...

Hi XBOX4EVR!
I havent been on the board in a month or two. but I think you are new here, so welcome!
I have a lot of experience with pills as taking them as prescribed is very hard for me. It's great that you do not have that issue to contend with.
I think that, even though you are on a light dose now, you did take a higher one for a while. Even if you are not psychologically addicted, you can be addicted physically. You posted that you were tired of the "dependancy", did you mean physical addiction?

When i come off pills, i get hit with exhaustion. It usually takes at least a week for me to get some energy back. But it's not like my energy is back to normal after 7 days.
But remember every body is different and I'm also taking a different opiate than you.
Still i think 13 days is still early for your body to get use to not taking anything at all, so I'm not surprised that you are tired. But, I think you should be feeling a bit better that a week ago. Are you? 4-5 hours isnt a lot of sleep, are you sleeping as much as you did before you went off the norco?
Of course, it's hard to really answer; I'm not a doctor and am only going off the info provided.
While I hope my words may give you some immediate relief from wondering what may be wrong, I ALWAYS think that when your body doesn't feel right, especially for several days, it's best to call the doctor. It's easy just to ring him/her up and explain. You really will feel a weigh lift if you just call. Is your doctor helping you taper or at least know what you are doing?
Let us know how it goes!
Take care and be well!
Wendy

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wendy88 For This Useful Post:
Phoenix (07-31-2012), XBOX4EVR (07-31-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2012, 06:06 AM   #3
(male)

stanleyatl HB Userstanleyatl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBOX4EVR View Post
I've been on norco since around 2008 was taking Vicodin on and off in 2007 was taking up to 4 a day in 08 and 09 dropped myself down to 2 a day in around 10 and have been on 2 ever since I finally got tired of the dependency on it and I'm willing to deal with my pain with Motrin.

My problem is fatigue, it's been 13 days since I've been off and the fatigue is insane. I'm only 32 but when I wake up in the morning I do good for 4 - 5 hours and I get hit with a blast of fatigue and I can barely move is this part of the withdraw phase. I'm not really to abnormally depressed just depressed about being blasted with fatigue I wasn't taking a insanely high dose of pain meds but is it becAuse of how long I took them is the reason why im still struggling? I'm overall doing great getting plenty of sleep and pain isn't doing to bad its just the fatigue is killing me please for anyone that has gone through this Is this withdraw process and how does it last? In all the years I took it I always took it how prescribed so I've never withdrawn or went without a pill for years.
13 days is really not a long time but you should be starting to feel better. You did not say if you were taking any supplements to increase your energy? I am in day 11 and have done this before. The 10 days prior to going cold I took 115 percocet and 25 lortabs. That is when I knew I had to quit, but I did it with a plan because like I say been here before. I drink Ensure at least twice a day to make sure I get enough vitamins. I exercise whether I feel like it or not bacuse it boosts my energy and I drink caffeine drinks. I know a lot of people talk against caffeine during WD's but for some reason it helps with my headaches and boosts my energy. I'm still not where I want to be but I am better than I was and getting better everyday. This is just my experience I am certainly no expert!

Good Luck and keep us posted!

The Following User Says Thank You to stanleyatl For This Useful Post:
XBOX4EVR (07-31-2012)
Old 07-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
(male)

XBOX4EVR HB User

It was completely a physical addiction of course I don't care who you are you will get addicted to that euphoria of calmness the pain killers provide. But that peak went away a couple years ago, it would last about 30min to an hour at most at the end. I was taking 1 norco every 10 hours. The sleep has been completely normal except for the first few days. Since yesterday and today I'm starting to get strong desires back which is amazing to play a game or watch a movie. The whole thing has been very slow but everyday i feel a small bit better then the last that's for sure. Mentally and Physically, when i get real fatigued Motrin makes me feel better kind of wakes me up. I'm honestly at times starting to feel incredible, the last 2 years on the meds have been nasty just started losing interest in everything unless I was taking a pill just didn't have a lot of pleasure from life unless i took a pill. I'm extremely happy I'm getting off them I'm starting to feel kind of normal again. I sometimes think I wasted so much time on them but I won't lie the first 2 1/2 years of taking them when they worked strong were great.

When i got up to 4 norco a day and I could tell 4 norco were not working real strong I just knew it was time to taper because I was not in that much pain I was just building a tolerance to the meds. I want to say thank you for the responses knowing that 13 days is not that long and it's just a slow process that takes time makes me feel better knowing I will get to 100% at one point sounds incredible thank you.

Caffeine's been helping a lot also.

Last edited by XBOX4EVR; 07-31-2012 at 10:10 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to XBOX4EVR:
stanleyatl (07-31-2012)
Old 07-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
(male)

XBOX4EVR HB User

Just one more question for you guys if anyone has info, my pain is in my neck from a bad car accident. I still get it but I'm just tired of the bondage the pain meds put u in. Motrin helps a TON but how safe is it long term?

Old 07-31-2012, 11:46 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB UserWendy88 HB User

Hi!!!
I believe Motrin is acetaminophen, so it can be hard on your stomach. I'd eat before you take it. Or if you drink milk, drink a glass first to coat your stomach.
Stick with your plan. With patience, you will make it to the other side glowing and eventually full of energy.
Best,
Wendy

Old 08-01-2012, 03:31 AM   #7
(female)

loki2012 HB Userloki2012 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBOX4EVR View Post

Hey I have been addicted to lortabs since around 2008. I have gone through withdraws several times. It usually last about 2wks. I got real sick with flu like symptoms. I was fatigued A LOT and spent most of the time on my best friends couch but it does pass. I stayed clean until I got injured again which sucks because now if I go two days without my pain meds I go into withdraws. Its a bumpy road but my best advice..IF..you want to stay clean go to NA meetings and work the program. It DOES get better though.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:45 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy88 View Post
Hi!!!
I believe Motrin is acetaminophen, so it can be hard on your stomach. I'd eat before you take it. Or if you drink milk, drink a glass first to coat your stomach.
Stick with your plan. With patience, you will make it to the other side glowing and eventually full of energy.
Best,
Wendy
Motrin is NOT acetaminophen. It is ibuprofen. Totally different. It can affect the stomach and I believe your kidneys if taken at high doses for long periods of time. I suggest you speak with your doctor to find out what you should be taking as they know your medical history the best. Good luck to ya!!

Old 08-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Loki!
Thanks for the correction. I actually meant ibuprophen. So sorry to put the wrong info out there.
Thanks again!

The Following User Says Thank You to Wendy88 For This Useful Post:
Whynowthis (08-02-2012)
Old 08-02-2012, 03:18 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User
Thumbs up Re: Norco withdraw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy88 View Post
Hi Loki!
Thanks for the correction. I actually meant ibuprophen. So sorry to put the wrong info out there.
Thanks again!
I figured you meant ibuprofen! I can tell you know a lot about medicine. I just wanted to make sure people didn't confuse the two!

Old 08-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #11
(male)

XBOX4EVR HB User

Well it's been almost a month and I feel amazing I'm even able to deal with the pain better after getting the opaites out of my system my pain tolerance is increasing. My neck pain gets really bad depending on how I lift weights if I don't lift weights my neck pain is very minimal but I'm a fitness freak and can't stop lifting. But I can't believe how much better I feel off the pain meds it was like poising my body the last year and a half I never wanted to do anything unless I was on a pain med, watch a movie play a game etc... My happiness level and desire to do stuff was low along with my energy level.

The worst part of the withdrawing was not the first few days it was the 3 - 4 weeks of just body fatigue with depression. As far as I can tell it's gone I go through the whole day with the same level of energy I actually have more energy and am happier then I've been in years I feel like a superman. For anyone getting off it DO NOT GIVE UP because the first 3 - 5 day part is nothing it's the month of fatigue and depression is the worst part. Pounding motrin every 4 - 6 hours helped a lot with the fatigue and depression. I just have to be careful with what I do so to not aggravate my neck to much but god I feel like someone cured me of a disease I feel like I can do anything I want now I don't feel like I'm in bondage anymore because of a medication.

Reply Reply