It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
(male)

NHguy HB User
Questions I'm Going Threw Financial Detox at Methadone Clinic

Has anyone gone threw financial detox at the clinic you go down 5mg a day to your out

Last edited by NHguy; 08-01-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Questions I'm Going Threw Financial Detox at Methadone Clinic

Hello JReno

Not quite familiar with the term "financial detox."

If you are up to explaining more,please do so.

Know that you're not alone.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #3
(male)

NHguy HB User

Well I started it on monday I was at 80mg I went down 5mg a day because of financial detox kicked in. Because I have to pay them every week to get my methadone. If you don't pay them financial detox kicks in and you go down 5mg a day till you are out of the clinic or you pay and you go back up 5mg a day. I wanna get off methadone. I went down 3 days till I got to 65mg. I woke up the day so sick luckly I was able to pay the $105 and go back up to 70mg and today went back up to 75mg and go back up 80mg Saturday if I want because I have another payment due on Monday an I will go back down then if I dont pay. Because I am low on cash I can pay them 3 days late so I go down 15mg Mon-Wends then go up those 5mg after I pay on Thursday. I wanna detox out but getting sick at 65mg made me pay and go back up. I wanna get off of it. I was wondering if an other people went threw this at the methadone clinic and what there experiences they had and whats the best way for me to get off methadone so I am not dopesick. I really looking for some help how to do so safe.

Last edited by NHguy; 08-03-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
(male)

SadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JReno View Post
Well I started it on monday I was at 80mg I went down 5mg a day because of financial detox kicked in. Because I have to pay them every week to get my methadone. If you don't pay them financial detox kicks in and you go down 5mg a day till you are out of the clinic or you pay and you go back up 5mg a day. I wanna get off methadone. I went down 3 days till I got to 65mg. I woke up the day so sick luckly I was able to pay the $105 and go back up to 70mg and today went back up to 75mg and go back up 80mg Saturday if I want because I have another payment due on Monday an I will go back down then if I dont pay. Because I am low on cash I can pay them 3 days late so I go down 15mg Mon-Wends then go up those 5mg after I pay on Thursday. I wanna detox out but getting sick at 65mg made me pay and go back up. I wanna get off of it. I was wondering if an other people went threw this at the methadone clinic and what there experiences they had and whats the best way for me to get off methadone so I am not dopesick. I really looking for some help how to do so safe.
Hello-
Congratulations to you for trying to get clean, you have come very far already and you should be proud of what you have done. That being said, I am still not sure what you mean by financial detox. So if you don't pay them you have to start dropping 5mg/day? Also it seems a bit strange that they let you increase your dose?

Old 08-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
(male)

NHguy HB User

I have been there for a few months. The maximum dose I have been receiving daily is 80mg. I have been at that dose for awhile. Because it is a pay clinic I have to pay $105 a week by Monday. If I don't pay that amount on Monday you go into Financial Detox. Which they lower your dose by 5mg a day. I payed the $105 on Thursday so since I payed I can go back up 5mg to my maximum dose which is 80mg. If I was able to pay that $105 on Monday I would not go down 5mg and after 3 days at a dose I am able to go 5mg if I wanted to. Because of my financial situation I can't pay till Thursday so my dose decreases Mon-Wends. I want to just not pay them and go down 5mg a day till I am at 0. But When I got to 65mg. The next day I woke up dopesick and since I had the money I paid and went back up 5mg on that Thursday to 70mg. Today I went up another 5mg to 75mg and on Saturday I will go up another 5mg to 80mg. If I don't pay $105 on Monday I will go back down again. I wanna get off I want to know if people can tell me how to get off methadone so I don't wake up dopesick.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #6
(male)

NHguy HB User

I wonder why they change my name?? on here. So no one can tell me they best way to detox at a clinic? I went down 5mg today to 75mg and will go down 5mg everyday till I pay the $105 for the week don't have the money at the time.

Closed Thread

Tags
methadone