It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
(male)

678910 HB User
Smile sub for 3 years now

first it was the fibro m then a motorcycle accident on 2007 is whear it started for me i had been hear on another email but was haveing hard time as it has been few year since being hear i used my other email,i been on sub for 3 year now ,at 8mgs for the most part ,it helped after i had depedency to percs at 40mgs per day ,i went on this med for chronic pain from fibro,an now desided i want to stop ,an i dont wan to take like a 2 year taper ,had i know the 4 days of dicomfot i would feel from pecrs i may have not got on sub,it seems it harder then most to get off after some reseach ,forgive my spelling,i have been sober in AA for 8 year , some think your not sober if you on it ,i did not misuse it or the percs ,the pecrs were taken at persibed levals an depedency was then set in at 5mg 6 times a day so actaully 30mgs to 4 mgs ,after 2 months on was not bad then one month off ,i hurt myself falling down stairs ,i am kinda afraid of the storys i read about getin off this drug some say is more powerful then morpine ,i am not going to taper down with lquid method of .25 mgs in water ,my jump will be at 1mg ,so takeing 8 now ,an haveing an md that say most of hid pationats dont make it off without relapce great md aaahh,in 2 weeks i plan to drop from 8 to 6 for one month then from 6 to 4 after another month ,from 4 to 2 after another month theen 1mg for one month then off jump they say off ,with the wd ease that is seen on web ,not looking for negative feedback only postive feed back an would like to hear from those who did it even shorter i think if posible i may due it quicker reserch shows that at 8ms or 2 the wd is the same ,so the qucker the better ,i willuse the site to due it ,my mother a few close fiends an the md who has not very good knowledge of the long term use of suboxone ,my sex drive has been gone pee stinks i have tread hear some whear about it ,i think that can nt be good for the liver ,,sub makes you feel good for a few hour s then it like zombi affects i dont like it anymore ,an i am determined to feel truely clean ,see i felt clean stillthink i am but there is part of me that says i know so much an learned so much in8 year of not drinking or druging ,it was tape from one to another thank for any positive input

Last edited by 678910; 08-04-2012 at 12:12 PM. Reason: spelling an reasons

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
(male)

678910 HB User
Re: sub for 3 years now

,acually i was to get the fibro then got in motorcycle Accident in 2007 ,an it whear it started for me , had been hear with another email but was haveing hard time as it has been few year since being hear i used my other email,i been on sub for 3 years now ,at 8mgs for the most part ,it helped after i had depedency to percs at 40mgs per day ,i went on this med for chronic pain from fibro,an now desided i want to stop ,an i dont want to take like a 2 year taper ,had i know the 4 days of discomfort i may have not got on sub hear about 3 times more time to detox from them ,it seems it harder then most to get off after some reseach ,forgive my spelling,i have been sober in AA for 8 year , some think you not sober if you on it ,i did not misuse it or the percs ,the pecrs were taken at persibed levals an depedency was then set in ,after 2 months on was not bad then one month off ,i hurt myself falling down stairs 2 more months on them about 7 month out of one year then 4 months was the one whear i deided to take sub ,i am kinda afraid of the storys i read about get of this drug some say is more powerful then morpine ,i am not going to taper down with lquid method of .25 mgs in water ,my jump will be at 1mg ,so takeing 8 now ,an haveing an md that say most of hid pationats dont make it off without relapce great md aaahh,in 2 weeks i plan to drop from 8 to 6 for one month then from 6 to 4 after another month ,from 4 to 2 after another month theen 1mg for one month then off jump they say off ,with the wd ease that is seen on web ,not looking for negative feedback only postive feed back an would like to hear from those who did it even shorter i think if posible i may due it quicker reserch shows that at 8ms or 2 the wd is the same ,so the qucker the better ,i willuse the site to due it ,my mother a few close fiends an the md who has not very good knowledge of the long term use of suboxone ,my sex drive has been gone pee stinks i have tread hear some whear about it ,i think that can nt be good for the liver ,,sub makes you feel good for a few hour s then it like zombi affects i dont like it anymore ,an i am determined to feel truely clean ,see i felt clean still think i am but there is part of me that says i know so much an learned so much in8 year of not drinking or druging ,it was tape from one to another thank for any positive input[/QUOTE] this med has made me sleep to much ,an it seem it just tape for another i was hear as 56789 so i am no newbie to this site ,i stillfeel clean but as a recoverying Alcoholic wellyou know people who have been there i am guess some of you have been to AA or NA ,i have gone to 1000s of meetings ,but stuck with the one issue ,i want to hear from the one who went with short tapers i want off the sub soon ,it makes you feel good for for hours then its gone ,yes not like other full Agnostics ,but i hear the sories about day 3 4 an so on thank

Last edited by 678910; 08-04-2012 at 12:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 08-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
(male)

678910 HB User

no one relates to my post i am guessing i was hear helping others. i see 124 read it not one reponce sorry for my spelling but it clear to read i went to AA last night i go to AA 6 days a week i am heavely into service an i am actually chairing the meeeting tonight know one can identify ,i was heas as 56789 ,an i am no newbei to the site ,though i am with nem email ,an i have gone to thousands of AA meetings

Last edited by 678910; 08-04-2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: spelling

The following user gives a hug of support to 678910:
Kailea (08-04-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #4
(female)

Kailea HB User

Hello I have never been on Subs but I wanted to tell you good luck. I hope you have a smooth transition to "0". I am very proud of you for being sober 8 years that is amazing. You can do this

The following user gives a hug of support to Kailea:
678910 (08-05-2012)
Old 08-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
(male)

678910 HB User

Oh yes thank you wow i am surpruized at how much you concern helps me to feel i am doing the right thing ,an i see you status says your sick ,an i sure hope you feel better ,god bless you ,i looked for you post but could not find it ,thank you ,

Old 08-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #6
(male)

bolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB User

Hi, My sub dr. started me on 12mg. When I got down to 8mg he had me take 8mg the first day then 4mg. the second day then back to 8mg the third day then back to 4mg. I did this rotation for 2 weeks. If you think about it its averaging out to 6mgs. After 2 weeks I went down to 4mg. for 1 week, dropping 1mg per week. When I got down to the 1mg I stayed on that for the one week then jumped off completely from there. I was so surprised how painless the tapering was and stopping the subs completely. I,ve heard all the horror stories about wds. from subs but it was a piece of cake all things considered. Get a calander to keep track and if your taking the strips when you get down to 4mgs. ask your dr. to give you the 2mg strips. There easier to cut. If I,ve confused you let me know and I,ll try to write this better. You can get off subs. There were a couple nights at 1mg that I,d wake up thruout night but still managed to get back to sleep. It was nothing like past oxy wds. Good luck and lets hear how your doing.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #7
(female)

Kailea HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 678910 View Post
Oh yes thank you wow i am surpruized at how much you concern helps me to feel i am doing the right thing ,an i see you status says your sick ,an i sure hope you feel better ,god bless you ,i looked for you post but could not find it ,thank you ,
I am so glad my post helped you I had a spinal fusion done Monday 30th. They did 4 rods...8 bolts and 3 bone graphs. The surgeon took bone marrow from my hip to coat everything so my body would accept it as my own and to help with the growth. Its not been an easy recovery but I am hopeful that after I do recover my pain levels will be way down. Thank you.

Closed Thread