It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
(female)

ellieco HB User
how do I taper off hydrocodone? help

I have been taking hydrocodone for years and am trying to get off of it.. I AM Tapering down from 10-12 7.5 mg pills to 4 today. Any advice?

Old 08-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: how do I taper off hydrocodone? help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellieco View Post
I have been taking hydrocodone for years and am trying to get off of it.. I AM Tapering down from 10-12 7.5 mg pills to 4 today. Any advice?
Hello ellieco

With all due respect,a doctor prescribed you this regimen?
If not,then I understand;i'll wait to hear back from you...
If you're up to it.

We know about addiction here and care about all who join here......that includes you.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 08-04-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
(female)

ellieco HB User

No a doctor gave me a script but I am taking double. I'm scared and I dont think I can do this. I am so anxious

Old 08-27-2012, 01:15 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

blon55 HB Userblon55 HB User

Have you considered asking him for a taper schedule? If you can't get one from him or its too uncomfortable to bring up, there should be tapers here or on other boards, or google it.
I am sorry you are going thru this, but you can do it.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:50 AM   #5
(male)

NeckIssueGuy HB UserNeckIssueGuy HB UserNeckIssueGuy HB UserNeckIssueGuy HB UserNeckIssueGuy HB User

ya know whats strange about hydrocodone, is some people can have zero withdrawals which is me. Then some can with only taking 2-3 day for a few weeks will. I would suggest if you really need them for pain and don't wan to screw things up with your Doc, Then tough it out and taper with what you have, it's nowhere near as bad as the Morphine,Oxycontin,and other things alot of us on this board take, so the withdrawals will be minimal and manageable. If you have a handful even 6 you could have the willpower to weather the storm, so long as there is no high blood pressure probs or anything, Hot baths,good food,exercise,pepto Imodium if ya get the s...s but I doubt it, but we all are different,Hydrocodone is on the bottom of the ladder, so try not to freak out tooo bad not having it, just maybe take 1 tomorrow and see if you are sick or showing symtoms and maybe half to calm the cravings. till it lowers in your system, which is really overnight with the short acting meds, well I do wish you luck in this. We all care here so don't cause yourself this problem anymore, would be the best advice Take Care get back please let us know how your handling it Tony

Last edited by mod85; 08-27-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:41 PM   #6
(female)

loki2012 HB Userloki2012 HB User

Thats what I am addicted to for over 8yrs. The best thing to do is to have someone stay with you during your detox process because it will be rough. Take just 1 or 2 a day for several days, then go to half a tab for a few days, then none at all. It will take about a week to detox. Thats what I did, I stayed with my bff and her family and she helped me detox, she gave me only half a tab a day then none...it was hard but I felt better once I was clean. Feel free to msg me if you want to talk. Your not alone, we are here to help.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #7
(female)

loki2012 HB Userloki2012 HB User

My withdraws from hydrocodone were flu like symtpoms, I was misrealbe but I stuck it out and got through it.

Closed Thread