It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2012, 05:40 AM   #1
(male)

magicman HB User
oxy contin

Hi everyone, I found this site really marvelous, but I have great difficulty to post.

I do not know if it is the right place but here its goes.
I have been taking 120mg/day oxy-contin with 60mg of supeudol. I have recently stop taking all my medecine 6 days ago cold-turkey, regardless of the warning of not doing it on your own.

I am on my 7th day today and the only withdrawn symptoms left is my relentless knee.

The last 6 days was just PURE HELL. abdomen cramps, diharhea, agitation, insomnia, sweating, chivers, tearing, runny nose, sore bones and the last day just crying ( not for the drug ) but for no reasons.

Because I am so far in the process I do not want to take any more pills ans would like to know:

Why they always advise you, not to stop on your own or stop cold turkey.

I have many more things I would like to share with some one, but as it is my first posting I would like to know , if it is working first.

Thanks in advance to any one of you who answer.

The following user gives a hug of support to magicman:
Rdbomb94 (08-10-2012)
Old 08-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: oxy contin

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman View Post
would like to know:

Why they always advise you, not to stop on your own or stop cold turkey.
It's a matter of responsibility;giving another responsible advice so things don't turn out for the worse.

Respectfully
Phoenix

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
magicman (08-10-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2012, 06:08 AM   #3
(male)

bolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB User

Congrats on your cold turkey off oxy. I couldn,t do it that way myself. Not enough willpower I guess. I went the suboxone route myself and am glad to say I,m off everything now. Anyways, one reason they may advise not stopping cold is to keep people from going thru bad wds. Another reason may be the success rate of going cold turkey. I don,t know this for sure. I fiquire if a dr. is prescribing the med. it would be more comfortable to do a slow taper off it. Just a thought. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-08-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #4
(male)

jan00 HB User

Congrats!! I've done cold turkey before a few times, once from oxys, and I remember how MISERABLE it was!!
Right now I'm trying to taper off Tramadol and Opana, but it is a real b*tch!

The Following User Says Thank You to jan00 For This Useful Post:
magicman (08-10-2012)
Old 08-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #5
(male)

SadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB User

Congratulations on your sobriety! I know hard how it is, and you have done a wonderful thing. Good question on why they recommend not going cold turkey, I think it is a combination of reasons. Some drug withdrawal is more serious than others- opiate withdrawal is like the worst flu you have ever had and is horrible but rarely fatal. A serious alcoholic could go into shock when withdrawing and can be fatal, same with benzo withdrawal. Also like bolter mentioned many people who try cold turkey method wind up relapsing, a slow taper may be a better method for them. Sorry wanted to post more but have no privacy at work, people keep walking by. Good luck to you!

The Following User Says Thank You to SadComputerGuy For This Useful Post:
magicman (08-10-2012)
Old 08-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #6
(male)

magicman HB User

Thanks a lot I am now on my 13th day and all is gone. can sleep on my own now, maybe a little bit of retenless knee once in a while. I am not really sure if I can attribute that to the withdrawn or it is just a thing I have

The Following User Says Thank You to magicman For This Useful Post:
sedative ocean (08-18-2012)
Old 08-10-2012, 07:44 AM   #7
(male)

magicman HB User

Thanks a lot I am now on my 13th day and all is gone. can sleep on my own now, maybe a little bit of retenless knee once in a while.

Closed Thread