It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
(female)

crickit2000 HB User
Xanax Help Please

Could someOne please help
Me I'm new to this sight and just learning. I was removed from my xanex 3 weeks ago and put on kolonipin, I was taking xanex 1 mg for 10 years. I had bad withdraw so they put me on kolonipin .5 2 time a day when can I start tampering off it. Please help I'm do scared. Thanks Val.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:52 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Xanax Help Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by crickit2000 View Post
Could someOne please help
Me I'm new to this sight and just learning. I was removed from my xanex 3 weeks ago and put on kolonipin, I was taking xanex 1 mg for 10 years. I had bad withdraw so they put me on kolonipin .5 2 time a day when can I start tampering off it. Please help I'm do scared. Thanks Val.

Hello Val

Before beginning any form of tapering,please consult you primary care physician,as they can give you a physical and order lab specimens.
They are aware of your history and are best suited to offer you advice.

There are plenty tapering responses on this board;please feel free to browse around.

Respectfully
Phoenix

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
crickit2000 (08-09-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
(female)

Organicjelly HB User

Hi Val. I have been on a similar dose of Xanax for a similar amount of time. I used a variety of benzos to come off the xanax & have settled on Valium with the intention to get off that as well. I think that if you are not feeling terrible pressure from the withdrawal you should perhaps ride along with it? Xanax is hard to come off, & if you're not climbing the walls you are doing well & I encourage you to keep it up... Eventually you may escape all benzos & get back to your old self! That's my plan too. Both of us have not been huge dose users - its possible! Getting off Xanax is a great start & perhaps getting using the klonopin for a briefer period can be a real possibility for you... Good luck & get outside in the garden or sunshine each day, I find this helps elevate my mood. If only I did it everyday!! I wish

Old 08-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
(male)

Lurker001 HB User

hi Val I was on Xanax 2mg 3x a day thats a HEAVY dose anywho..I wanted off so I saw another psych who tapered me off with Klonopin (Clanozapam) 1mg 3x a day I do admit i felt horrible for 2 weeks. After the tapering started after the 2nd week (with help from my dr) I felt much better I was told by him that Xanax is a strong benzo and Knonopin is much smoother and it was now i am .5 2x a day and will be completely off by Dec.

Reply Reply