It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2000, 07:29 PM   #1

Tricky HB User
Post Why is my nose barely healing?

I've been clean for a miserable 8 days. 8 days seems like nothing compared to everyone who has been clean for months or years! My question is this, why is the inside of my nose barely healing? I went on a serious binge just over a wk ago (when I decided to clean up), but haven't touched anything since.

The ridiculous, bloody, itchy, sore mess in my nostrils in a constant reminder of the drugs, and it doesn't seem to be healing. Is it possible that I've caused permanent damage to the tissue?

Old 11-14-2000, 08:14 PM   #2

Christine HB User
Wink

[Hey Tricky -

I only binged on coke by smoking or injection, sure do remember the bruises, scars and burns I was left with as painful reminders! I would suggest you call a local hotline and just ask. What is the worst that can happen? They don't know? They tell you "get some help", which of course, is your choice. It's worth a call. There seem to be a ton of helpful people that log onto these help sites - I even found someone with a suggestion for covering up track scars. You are asking for help, and that, my dear, is one of the first basic steps of recovery.

[This message has been edited by Christine (edited 11-14-2000).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2000, 08:44 PM   #3

TrickyDick HB User
Yes, you could have a serious problem.
One of the worse things that could happen
or has already happened is that there is
an infection. This could get out of control
really quick. I would suggest that you go
to a doctor and get started on treatment.
If you are unwilling to go to your regular
doc or one in your town, travel to a near
by town and get treated. Hey its your
life and body but don't take any more
chances with it than you already have.
Take care of yourself and stay clean one
day at a time and you can do it.
Good luck, your going to need all you can
get..but it take more guts than luck.
Respect yourself !!

Old 12-15-2000, 02:02 PM   #4

damned32 HB User
Ok, I'm going out on a whim here by responding to this particullar subject, but I think someone should tell you something not so frightening. You didn't really state what you 'used', but I KNOW coke isn't the only thing that causes the "nose debris", as i like to call it. 'Speed' is also reputable at causing this. Smoking it or blasting it, even, will usually bring it on. And no, the whole scabby, 'rotted' like nose thing, 9.5% outta 10, never turns into an infection. I DO KNOW what I am talking about and can honestly say you really have nothing to worry about. Pickin' at it, which tends to be the main source of it not healing, is kinda hard to avoid since there's so much crap in there that makes it hard to breathe, and not to mention, feels extremely uncomfortable & sometimes painful. If you stay clean, like truly clean, it'll go away in about a month. If you do end up 'using' again, and the "nose debris" continues, try applying, Lightly, no more than twice a day, Johnson & Johnson's First Aid Cream. (That's what it's called, plain & simple) It's cheap, it works, and your little nose will be so much more happier. Good luck to you!

Closed Thread