It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

blon55 HB Userblon55 HB User
?damage from pain pills 2 mo post no pain pills?

I have acute leg/hamstring/hip pain following hip injection and dr moving my leg aaround. It caused so much pain the next day and for the past 10 days.
I was off pain meds for 2 mo after taking different ones for1 Year, never abusing them.
does anyone know if my body will become dependent on them again with every day use, or every other day use?
or how long it would take to become physically dependent again?

Old 08-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #2
(male)

bolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB User
Re: ?damage from pain pills 2 mo post no pain pills?

If you were not abusing them or you don,t have a history of drug abuse I,d talk to your Dr. about prescribing something for pain. Now if you have a history of abuse thats a different story. Either way you should talk to your dr. if your suffering. Be honest and tell dr. all your concerns. He might suggest a pain pill thats not addicting. I can only think of one and its called Tramadol, I,ve tried it and it didn,t work for me. I had a lot of pain but I was also trying to get high. I do have a history of abuse. Also have heard bad storys about Tramadol. Maybe it doesn,t get you high but I heard its rough getting off it. I,m not sure how to answer the question you asked about how long before you become dependant on pain meds. Whatever you decide to do please let us know how your doing and good luck. Sorry I couldn,t be more helpful.

The Following User Says Thank You to bolter For This Useful Post:
blon55 (08-12-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2012, 02:52 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blon55 View Post
I have acute leg/hamstring/hip pain following hip injection and dr moving my leg aaround. It caused so much pain the next day and for the past 10 days.
I was off pain meds for 2 mo after taking different ones for1 Year, never abusing them.
does anyone know if my body will become dependent on them again with every day use, or every other day use?
or how long it would take to become physically dependent again?
Hello blon55 and welcome

I honestly can't tell you for sure,whether or not your body will develop a tolerance towards pain medication/s.

I believe it has a psychological component to it,since the pain you experience adds additional stress on the body.

Pain medication(as you know) is prescribed to help reduce your symptoms of physical discomfort.

If you take them and begin feeling an urge to take an additional dose,please consider calling your prescribing physician's office at your earliest convenience.

All the best
Phoenix

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
blon55 (08-12-2012)
Old 08-12-2012, 05:23 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Thnks bolter and phoenix, the drs office did prescribe me something, but the hospital wouldn't. If you were ever on pain meds they immediaately label you addicted. I have taken a few pills, but feel like I am in a catch 22 situation. If I take more my body will become dependent again, and maybe I might become addicted some day? If I don't take them I suffer horribly and have no quality of life. Either way I have no quality of life.

I was quite happy with myself for getting off the pills. I had all kinds of withdrawals, physical and psych/emotional. If you're addicted or just dependent, I've found we go thru. Similar things, either on them or off, meaning, the physiological dependence wreaks havoc.

I do have a sugar addiction, but the meds are for unrelenting pain.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:53 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

thanks for the hugs. I m finding that when I take a pain pill,, it helps a Lot with the pain. I also have to drag my leg around even with crutches, and I can't walk or stand for very long on crutches, all this in my apt.

I do feel a sense of guilt at resorting bck to a pain medication, but it ws that or god take me now! Today I woke up with a bad headache. Still hoping that the meds are not reversing all the good I did. I am older, and was on gabapentin as well, plus a benzo, so its been withdrawal hell.

Hugs to all those out there who are struggling in any way.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Update...been about a week since I took a pain med, they didn't work sso well anyway and just made me sick. Not for me!

I read many posts here when I was going thru withdrawals alone. Your stories helped me know that its possible to stop taking these things. I think for me it was a mental decision to try other ways to help with getting rid of pain, as well as a strong determined will to taper off. I came here and read stories during my withdrawals and it helped me thru the darkest times.
these boards are wonderful because its a place to give and receive, one might first come here to receive support, then I found that I wanted to help others as well. So we cruise the topics and see if we can be of service. Humanity helping humanity, yeah!

Closed Thread