It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2000, 04:24 PM   #1
Inactive

cmb5520 HB User
Exclamation clean, but w/out peace of mind

this christmas day will mark the 2 month anniversery of my LAST relapse
The only problem is I think about drinking constsntly! Whether I'm thinking of how proud of myself I am, how much I want a shot, or all the bad things I did... I'm thinking about alcohol!
so what do I do? with the holidays around, I'l have PLENTY of time tho think about... well u know

Old 12-20-2000, 05:20 PM   #2

Christine HB User
Are you going to meetings? Pick up the phone and call someone you meet there. Talking about it really helps, believe me. Reach out to someone and share how you feel, if they are a recovering alchoholic, they will totally understand where you are coming from..

This time of year sucks for addicts and alchoholics. So much stress, so many people being merry. Hang in there, though, the rewards are worth it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2000, 11:32 AM   #3
Inactive

cmb5520 HB User
Thumbs down

see i really want to go to meetings, the only prob is i'm really young. People there would be talking about how they don't want to hurt their kids and I would be babbling about how post-Prom parties will be hard for me (i haven't even been to a prom yet, that's how young I am). My parents are kinda in denial, so it's not like I can ask them to take me...

Old 12-21-2000, 04:24 PM   #4

TrickyDick HB User
Well you can do one of two things or maybe both.
First you can convince your parents you need help with or without their assistance.
Second you can contact local youth groups or local assoc. of AA. I am sure you could get assistance in getting to meetings. You need to develop a support group. Coming here is a good first step. Don't worry about your age being addicted has nothing to do with age, race or social standing. Don't let anyone try and fool you that you don't need help.

Old 12-21-2000, 05:34 PM   #5

Christine HB User
CMC5520 - Are you kidding? Too young?? I live on Cape Cod and we have some really cool kids in my AA group that are drug addicts and alchoholics as young as 14!!! A good friend's nephew just went in to rehab on MOnday - he is 17. He will be attendint the same meetings too. My good friend Julie has been sober since she was 19 - 12 years now. It is never too early - in fact I wish I had "got the message" at your age - it would have saved me years of heartbreak. I am very proud of you to admit you have an issue at such a young age - your parents should be too - they will come around. Good For you!!!

Closed Thread