It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2000, 05:25 PM   #1

Christine HB User
Unhappy Having a hard time....

I am having a terrible couple of days, I miss my kids soooo much and Christmas shopping for them alone is so depressing because I just want them with me I have to mail them to their Dad's and I won't see them at all - they didn't even want to fly up here for a few days. they want to do stuff with their friends on their Christmas break.

- I see other families in the stores and I just want to cry. I do, actually. I am, acutally.

I have had some drug dreams lately which really shake me, too. They seem so real, and I had relapsed before because of one.

I am feeling so alone - my boyfriend is a paramedic and he works nights so we have opposite schedules and I am alone a lot. I have been very *****y to him lately becasue I want him to drop everyhting and take care of me because I am really struggling.

No one was home tonight to talk to and I am feeling very alone. I hope that it goes away I have worked very hard to stay clean for the past three months, and today it doesn't seem so great.

Old 12-20-2000, 09:04 PM   #2

dreamer HB User
Christine
This is hard time of year for alot of people, I think it makes us realize who were missing and how speical those people are in our lives. And lonelyness is the worst. I could write a book on this.But these dreams your having about drugs, I understand where your coming from, I also have had these(dreams) and other things happen when my needs aren't being met. things come to a surface when this happens and we respond and behave acordingly.
anyway there are nice people here(I have found)and can help you feel better.maybe not so alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2000, 05:55 AM   #3
Victoria

Unhappy

Hey Christine -

I don't know if this will be of much help, but; have you tried to put a positive spin on things, to boost your feelings? From what I gather, you had a really bad addiction to coke, but you're sober now. That's point one of good things to count. Another thing to consider - you didn't lose your kids to Social Services because of your addiction, did you? You've never said, but I assume not. Your kids didn't leave you, they are JUST going to be with dad this Christmas. Was he a good dad? Will both the kids and he be filled with joy because they are spending the holiday together? Hell, that's something to be happy about, not sad!

I know that holiday blues/sobriety problem. I was a pot addict for 20 years (you probably remember me from the old board). My hubby and I used to get high every Christmas Eve and wrap presents, bake cookies, etc. Spending this holiday straight has been somewhat of a ***** so far.

Something happened in my area yesterday that made me stop and count my blessings. Two sons, aged 19 and 10, were ice skating in their backyard pond (up to 12 feet deep). The 10 year-old fell through the ice, and his brother jumped in to try to save them. They both died. I have two sons, around the same age. I can't imagine their parents' pain in dealing with this loss. They probably had their presents bought, and never thought they'd lose both of their children four days before Christmas. It made me stop and think how fortunate I am, that I have my children, they are healthy, and my addiction hadn't caused me to lose them. It's food for thought, Christine.

Try to remember - it could be worse. I hope you continue your sobriety, and get through the holidays. Please, please, try to be happy for the kids, ok?

Closed Thread