It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2000, 07:25 AM   #1

Christine HB User
Smile Made it through Christmas....

Hey all -

Whew! Made it through Christmas clean and sober - my birthday is 2 days after Christmas too , and then there is New Year's, of course, so in the past this has been a time of PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!

I did talk to my children, who are 9 and 13 and were with their Dad in Texas (we are about 2000 miles apart) quite a bit and that helped and hurt at the same time.

Family **** is always hard - epecially this time of year, so that wasn't so great, but I still didn't use or drink.

I am feeling better each day about the possiblity of staying sober - although that is supposed to be a no-no - "one day at a time" and "keep it in the day" Still - I did the 90 meetings in 90 days and it got my head in the right spot - now 3 1/5 months sober I find that if I miss more than two days of meetings I start to feel out of sorts - I don't know what it is but meetings do work. If you are struggling with staying clean, check out an AA or NA meeting - (I really prefer AA because I find a lot of active users at NA) . It works.

Happy New Year!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2000, 08:03 AM   #2

TrickyDick HB User
Hey Christine,
Glad to hear from you, been wondering about how you were doing. Your right about the one day at a time and the meetings. Keep in touch and drop by over at Depression if you want to. Happy New Year (one day at a time)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread