It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
(female)

Organicjelly HB User
Addiction probs with benzos = anger??

Hi. I'm new here. I just want to share my story & see if anyone has similar issues. I began using benzos- primarily Xanax about 10 years ago. My daily dose escalated to about 1mg daily, which pacified me but did not give me the relaxed floaty feeling I initially got many years ago. About 6 months ago I decided to come off Xanax & switched to Valium 10mg.... At first I mixed the two benzos for about 2 weeks & took a higher dose of Valium when the Xanax was stopped completely (so I wouldn't get the heebiejeebies) & have settled for the last 5-6 months on 10 mg Valium in the mornings. It's been fine without the Xanax but I do notice I can quickly turn & become kind of enraged!?

Last night I also became very very angry. I know I am depressed & should really get back on the antidepressants I have... I just don't know if it's related to Xanax withdrawal or the use of Valium I am now taking. I just don't know why I am feeling this rage that comes periodically & am wondering if anyone else coming off Xanax or using Valium has experienced the same thing?? Ty if you can respond!

Last edited by Administrator; 08-20-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:37 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

blon55 HB Userblon55 HB User
Re: Addiction probs with benzos = anger??

My experience coming off valium was and prob still is huge anxiety. I don't think I've ever felt anxiety or panic attacks until I went off it. Never tried xanax. I don't think anger has been an issue for me. Be safe in your experience. Maybe some herbals/supplements might be useful,like lemon balm tincture or valerian root?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
Re: Addiction probs with benzos = anger??

Yes it sounds like the xanax withdrawals. My 25 year old son took xanax recreationally. He would also drink with it. I have been at his side while he withdrawed, saw the effects of the anger that was like a light switchedon all the sudden. Anxiety attacks were bad. My son died last year after taking xanax and drinking and becoming outraged and mad at his younger brother (21) over a video game. Left in his car, raging mad, 2 blocks from home. He ran off the road, overcorrected and hit the other side of road and flipped. No seat belt...of course, he was thrown out of car. Died! Needless to say I hate the word XANAX....I feel they should be out-lawed. Please stay off that drug!!!!!!!!!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to flintrock:
blon55 (08-21-2012)
Closed Thread