It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2012, 11:00 PM   #1
(male)

scarecrow447 HB Userscarecrow447 HB Userscarecrow447 HB User
I feel like im not me anymore

well I had been using drugs for about five years before i got sober. I used everything but meth over that time frame, and in my last two years i was using the more so called hard drugs. I mainly was doing bathsalts for the last six to seven months of my use though, either smoking them or snorting them. For about the last four months of using them everytime i did so i felt like i was gonna die or people were out to get me or basically that there was just something wrong involving me. I also had extreme hallucinations while on them that seemed almost demonic. Ive been sober for about eight months now but during this whole time ive felt like im just a hollow shell of my old self. Its not like im depressed its more like i feel like im not even part of this world like i can't get through to other people, and other people dont make sense to me. I also feel like i don't have my own personality, and on deeper thought i dont think ive ever had one. I feel like i only act how it will best please the people im around the way i walk talk dress converse everything. Is this depression or perhaps permanent brain damage any ideas I almost feel like i could do anything at any moment if i just decided to and it seems so easy in my head which scares me please help.

The following user gives a hug of support to scarecrow447:
Phoenix (08-24-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
Re: I feel like im not me anymore

It possibly could be some brain damage. Your body can only take so much abuse. I have see this in many people who have done drugs for 8-10 years. It takes a hard toll on your brain and organs. You might want to go to your doctor for a full physical.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2012, 01:10 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Hello scarecrow447

The best way to find out if there is any causal relationship between your prior use and what you are currently experiencing is via your primary care physician.
Medical records+physical workup(blood draw included)+a full explanation of your present situation= a proper diagnosis.

Please try and be brutally honest with them.Leaving out certain aspects can lead to you being misdiagnosed.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Old 08-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
(male)

bolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB User

Hi, I,d go talk with a doctor if I were you and please be honest. Tell doc what you wrote here. Also its not uncommon to go thru some weird emotions when you get straight. Hang in there.

Closed Thread