It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
(male)

Jackbeanstalk HB UserJackbeanstalk HB UserJackbeanstalk HB UserJackbeanstalk HB User
Howdy Folks, had to let ya'll know that...

.... I'm 7 days alcohol FREE!!! I'm so glad to be off that stuff, that I can hardly believe it. I had written on being chained to pain pills and beer, taking the pain killers during the day to be able to keep working and how they'd "make me nervous and jittery" by late afternoon, so here came "Miller Time" to fight the jitters. After more research, I discovered the jitters were coming from it being Miller Time! Not only that, but the toxins from the alcohol breakdown were making my feet pain WORSE! I'm working with my doc on getting into Pain Mgmnt. and group sessions. I thought I owed you good folks that have had me on your prayer list this news. I appreciate you all very much. JB

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: Jackbeanstalk
Grantmetheseren (09-04-2012), mommaoftwinsplus1 (08-24-2012), Phoenix (08-24-2012)
Old 08-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
(female)

Tulip21 HB UserTulip21 HB User
Re: Howdy Folks, had to let ya'll know that...

Congrats! That's wonderful!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hi

Celebrating with you! I am so glad to read your good news. :-)

hugs
reach

The following user gives a hug of support to reachout:
Phoenix (09-28-2012)
Old 09-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mommaoftwinsplus1 HB Usermommaoftwinsplus1 HB User

Great Job JB. Did you have WD's. I was tapering and doing good with that...1 or 2 glasses of wine a day...but that didn't last long. I know it's one hour, one day and one week at a time. Hang in there and stay strong. Maybe I should take my own advice.

The following user gives a hug of support to mommaoftwinsplus1:
Phoenix (09-28-2012)
Old 09-03-2012, 07:10 AM   #5
(male)

Jackbeanstalk HB UserJackbeanstalk HB UserJackbeanstalk HB UserJackbeanstalk HB User

I don't guess I had much WD, I had a few Librium to last 2 nights, didn't need any more after that. I sure feel a whole lot better without it. Good-Luck, JB

The following user gives a hug of support to Jackbeanstalk:
Phoenix (09-28-2012)
Old 09-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbeanstalk View Post
I sure feel a whole lot better without it. JB
JB,

Keep up the good work and stay the course.
Remember to keep the focus on yourself because there will be unnecessary(and some necessary) distractions along the way.

May the course be smoother than a construction zone and if not,just watch out for the potholes and work under construction(metaphorically speaking).

Knowing this in advance will keep you ahead of the game;so to speak.

With Respect,
Phoenix

Old 09-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #7
(male)

I had not been posting for weeks because I felt like if I didn't get a hold on the alcohol, I was going to lose it (everything) so I told the doc, she sent me to talk to these "interviewer people" about getting me into detox, sat there in the waiting room that afternoon from 2:00-4:00, got interviewed, was told to come back in the morning at 8:00, left there at 5:30, no alcohol that night they said, got there shaky and tired from not sleeping much, sat there for 4 more hours with Fiance' getting very shaky, finally had to take a Xanax. They called me in at noon, I told them I had not drank but had to take a Xanax from the "shakes". They got all upset, told me they had made me wait until my WD's were bad enough to "get me in " the local Detox for low-income people", said they only would admit me if I was in full-blown WD's. My woman got angry cause I am near 58 and they were waiting on me to have a seizure or something in order to get help. We left finally and I went home and went to bed with a few Xanax by my side, did it my darn self! Day 3 was better, Day 4 better still, now it's been almost 3 weeks, feel much better. Is this a common practice in places that help folks "kick habits", to let them sit and WD in a room full of people, for hours until they are in obvious peril before any action is taken? Here in N.C., it is. It worked, though. Thanks for you all, JB

The following user gives a hug of support to Jackbeanstalk:
Phoenix (09-28-2012)
Closed Thread