It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
(male)

Sstaley7 HB User
22 days off fentenayl 6 off oxy

Hey everyone. I was hurt on the job 12 years ago which landed me 2 back surgerys one almost fatal. Oxy was it. I could still function for my family and job till pain got worse and over the years it ended up as 75 m patch which by the way was explained to me as no more pills and pain free lol
My doc is an a** every third day i was getting sick. Doc seemed to think here take oxy on 3rd day to help. Once I realized that from sweating at work it was putting to much fentenayl in me. Ohh my I was not feeling anything the first day on patch. I was getting scared from it. Doc says Ohhhhhh keep em on I'm not giving them a chance. I just finally had it with this crap and detoxed on my own due to no help from the Er or my doc. He actually got upset at me. Any way I'm 22 days off fentenayl and day 6 off oxy. I still fell real jittery like I could rip the hyde off a rhino with my teeth. Am I gonna shake forever ?
Sstaley7

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Sstaley7
blon55 (08-28-2012), bolter (08-27-2012)
Old 08-28-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

blon55 HB Userblon55 HB User
Re: 22 days off fentenayl 6 off oxy

Sorry to hear what you've been going thru, I understand, I've been in a similar situation. If you are able to exercise at all, walking, swimming, drinking lots of water, using calming herbs and supplements, of course using benzodiazepines will help jitters but then you will have to detox from those eventually. I think its hard for us to go off our meds without our drs support. They don't seem to like it when we do it, and don't help the aftermath, Im not sure why. Congrats to you for making it this far!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
(male)

Sstaley7 HB User
Re: 22 days off fentenayl 6 off oxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blon55 View Post
Sorry to hear what you've been going thru, I understand, I've been in a similar situation. If you are able to exercise at all, walking, swimming, drinking lots of water, using calming herbs and supplements, of course using benzodiazepines will help jitters but then you will have to detox from those eventually. I think its hard for us to go off our meds without our drs support. They don't seem to like it when we do it, and don't help the aftermath, Im not sure why. Congrats to you for making it this far!
Thank you for your reply
The 7th day now and I think my stomach is reducing in pain and I get shake free moments now n then. A really upsetting letter came today from my doc said I'm refusing to follow my treatment plan and I show narcotic seeking behavior ***
I quit on my own with access to oxy of my Meds if I wanted them. So this experience now has hurt my family. The letter also stated me or any of my responsible family cannot be seen in entire health network. So wrong. Besides my whining I c light piercing through the evil darkness. The pain is actually tolerable with Advil. And walking is good.
We all know what we're up against and it will never go away. But we u who ever have the choice to go away from the addiction. If n e one hears me please get through it now at all costs. It's ur life ur getting back
One love
Respectfully
Sstaley7

Closed Thread