It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
(female)

sweetiepiez HB User
Arrow On suboxone 5 months wanna taper any advice?

Hi there guys I am new t this board but so glad I found it! I have been on Subs approximatly 5 months & I really want to taper down as painlessly as possible. I started on just subutex but switched to suboxone tabs as that's what my Insurance would cover "SOME" of... I really do wish to get clean again I had some qulaity clean time in the past & I'd really love to live that way again. also I cannot even afford these with the lil help the insurance company does give. I should be putting this $ towards my children. Im currently on 6-8 mg's per day. Any experince from those who have successfully tapered off would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:53 AM   #2
(male)

bolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB User
Re: On suboxone 5 months wanna taper any advice?

When I got down to 8mg my sub dr. had me take 8mg day 1 then 4mg. second day then 8mg. third day and back and forth like this for 2 weeks. This gives you an average of 6mg. After 2 weeks I went down to 4mg for 1 week and dropped 1 mg per week. After the last week on 1mg I jumped off completely. That last week on 1mg I had a little trouble with sleep but nothing at all like past wds. I,d wake up but I could go back to sleep. Ask your dr. for something to help like Ambien but you might not need it. All in all I found getting off the subs pretty easy. You can do it. Get a calender and write down your doses and stick with taper plan. Let me know if what I wrote about how I tapered confuses you. I,ll try to reword it differantly. Stay in touch.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
(female)

sweetiepiez HB User

Yes Thank u this is great advice & it gives me a lot of hope any more details u can give is sooooo immensely appreciated, I am very scared. I'm a lil unclear for how long to do each.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
(male)

bolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB Userbolter HB User

For 2 weeks rotate 6 and 8mgs. Day 1 take 8mgs. Day 2 take 6mgs. Day 3 take 8mgs. Day4 take 6mgs. Keep rotating your dose like this for 2 weeks. What your doing is making your body adjust to 6mgs. After you,ve done this for 2 weeks go right down to 4mgs. Take 4mgs. for one week then go down to 3mgs. Take 3mgs. for 1 week then go down to 2mgs. Take 2mgs for 1 week then go down to 1 mg. Take 1mg for 1 week then when week is done stop completely. See if your Dr. will give you the strips, there easier to cut. And when you get down to low doses they make a 2mg strip. It just makes cutting them easier. If you try this taper method get a calender because it gets confusing but you can do it. I was freaked out after reading all the stories about getting off the subs but I was really surprised how easy it was. I know everyone is different but this is doable. Keep posting whether you decide to taper or not. A lot of people here been in your shoes or are going thru same thing. By for now.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #5
(male)

Sorry, now I,m confused. What I meant was the first 2 weeks rotate 8mgs and 4mgs. NOT 8 and 6. Sorry about the mistake. Every thing else I wrote was right. After the 2 weeks start at 4mg and drop a mg a week.

Closed Thread

Tags
suboxone withdrawal